Ban the lightbulbs!

I must be retarded. At least a third of the CFL’s I have bought stopped working within a month.

lol mine last a lot longer than that

I got a cool little screw in base LED in the mail today with about 15-20 LEDs pack under a dome. It supposed to give off the light of a standard 25watt bulb, but use almost no electricity. I’m going to put it in the light pole next to my driveway since a CFL won’t work outside in the cold. I don’t need that to give off much light, just a little glow for the driveway. Picked it up on ebay for about $5 shipped. I’ll let you know if it gives off enough light tonight once it gets dark out.

Yeah, they usually last pretty well. I should keep trying them and pay attention to which ones go. If I see patterns, like only ones on the same circuit as my fiance’s hair dryer, then maybe it’s not the bulbs… :ohnoes:

I want HID bulbs for my house like the Solar powered outdoor kind. I’m gonna rhyce the joint out.

X…

Heh I was curious if anything like that existed yet.

thats what i posted pictures of earlier

I know that, but I was sleeping then, and he actaully has one. Can’t imagine the dispersal pattern being the greatest.

they actually had one on mythbusters, not as bright as a regular but bu bright none the less

The driveway lamp really doesn’t need to be very bright so I’m hoping this works. The lamp is on a photo sensor, so it’s on from dusk till dawn, so I’d really like an energy efficient bulb there. If this one doesn’t do it I’ll probably just buy a higher power LED bulb.

You’ll be able to see the bulb, but I’ll be surprised if it actually casts any noticeable light on anything.

Some of the LED bulbs for home use use 1.5watts.

In other words you could leave them on all the time, and still save alot of money.

That’s what I’m afraid of. I put it in a fixture in my downstairs basement on lunch, and with just the LED light on the pitch black room was lit up, but not a whole lot. I’m having my doubts about how it will work outdoors.

I was wondering how LED lights were as oposed to CFL… I Just dont think they will have the powa / Light diffusion that the CFL’s do

the only LED lamps that ive seen that were worth a damn had massive heatsinks