Barber Shops

Anyone know of any good old school barber shops around that also straight shaves? I’ve been cutting my own hair for the longest time and I’m just tired of it… lol.

Just found a good barber in the area and I’m pretty picky about fades and blends since I know how to cut hair too.

Try Classico’s on Route 9 in Clifton Park. Look for Joe. Short stocky guy with sleeve tats. He is good with a razor and they do straight shaves and can even blend that into longer hair if you want. Cut is somewhere from $14 to $16, pretty reasonable.

They’re old school in that they use the straight razor to trim around ears / back of neck after too.

i go to clasico,s in c/p also . my kids go there with me they are all a great bunch of people , go to max he is the old itakian guy there he will push wine ,coffe , donuts on ya the whole time your theret lolol

If you’re in Latham, there is one across the street from the Dunkin Donuts on the corner of 155 and RT. 9 (next to the Firestone). It’s actually more across from BK than DD but my brother used to go there before he moved and said they did the old fashioned stuff.

Renatos in rotterdam, $12 for a haircut and they use a straight razor

Doms Barber Shop in Rotterdam on Helderberg ave next to the Hess station. In expensive haircuts and will do a straight razor shave.

Mens room barber shop. There is one downtown on the little side street near the bayou and one in the commerce plaza up town. Also one on voresville (sp). Friend of mine is part owner. Great place.
http://www.mensroom.biz/

+10000000000, I go there as well. Great people, great place.

I was thinking of the mens room b/c the v-ville one is about 30sec from my work on the way home… so stopping would be fairly easy.

Augie’s in Clifton Park is good too. The owner, Anthony, does an amazing job. They have a pool table and are generally playing the Sinatra channel on Sirius. You feel like you just walked in to a mafia safehouse…

Offtopic but does anyone know where you can buy straight razors?

Men’s Inc in Colonie is a good barber shop too.

Amazon

Yeh that where i was looking i found one for like 25 bucks haha

That’s the newest location. I never went but I think vicki works out of that shop. I usually have Jerry cut my hair. He’s downtown and uptown depending on the day. All great barbers thou!

Daves Place right next to my place here in clifton Park. Good guy, straight up mens barber shop, uses a straight razor.

Im extremely picky about who cuts my hair, and will probably continue to go hear until he moves or crokes :lol

I’ve been going to Mastercuts in Crossgates for the past 9 years or so. I have been getting a simple Caesar during that time, so I’m usually in and out in minutes. And I’ve gotten to know some of the girls there so I get good service.

My friend Kevin runs one on Curry Rd. Its a few houses before that underpass on the way towards the five corners. Just after the big intersection with the Hess station. He runs one here in Cobleskill also. Good guy, and does good work. He has an AMC AMX that he loves to talk about if you get him going, lol.

O Rly? :lol

Happy endings FTW.

^Lies!