Straight Razor Shave

Anyone know of a good shop that still does straight razor shaves?

I want to get one done on my wedding day. :wiggle:

usually any barber shop does them…as far as i know at least

real barber shops are few and far between. used to frequent one in CT often and tipped well. have yet to find one here in b-low i like.

I got a straight razor shave at the barber shop in southgate once. It was nice to show up for a wedding all bloody and red. Don’t go there.

Straight razor shaves have been banned in new shops, you need to go someplace thats been around forever and is allowed to still do them.

I know someone that only goes to NYC to have his done.

There is a barber shop that does a good straight razor job in Williamsville on main street, next to Ed Young’s hardware. I don’t remember the name, sorry. If you pull in and you’re looking at the hardware store, it’s in the plaza to your right.

there is a barber shop across from kenmore east high school next to ginos pizza… they might do it… my dad used to always go there until we moved out of the area

baby face :wink:

used to get strait razor shaves in the army, scalp and face… crazy korean chicks are awesome at this.

These are very common on the island. Hot towel shaves. i am surprised they are that hard to find up there.

have they really been banned? why?

theres “eds” on the corner of harlem and cleveland about 40 seconds from my shop.
very old school guy…he has a sign that says “no kids,just yankee dollars”
im almost positive he doesnt even know gillette mach 3s are out…he still drives a skylark

Cowboy up and do it yourself

Wow shit.

And I think I’m cool because I use a two cent Bic, and throw it out instead of re-using it.

They still do it, as will any real old timey barbershop.

Be warned though, I got a couple of haircuts at John’s (the place next to Gino’s) and they were two of the shittiest haircuts I’ve ever gotten. Hopefully their shaves are better.

Or you could just shave yourself like a man. Link coming…

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1242344&postcount=20

Badger Hair Brush - $30 (Vulfix)
DE Safety Razor - $30 (Merkur)
Good blades - $5 (Feather)
Good Shaving Cream - $15 (Taylor of old Bonde Street)
Good aftershave - $20-$40 (Trumper Skin Food, etc)

$100 bucks. That stuff should last 6 months to a year. Goodbye shitty shaves and razor burn.

it was always good to treat myself, it’s an outting, sort of a non gay way of going to get your nails done. getting a hot lather and a strait razor on the dome was good stuff for quite a few years.

Shaving every day in the Navy did not give me a baby face!

Old gay phillipino dudes are also good at this.

Thats what i’m sayin… I want to take my grooms men out for a shave that morning.

though good post fry im gonna look into that for the future…

im pretty sure you can get one at the mens room on rt 20 in hamburg…they do great work there

Carmens on NF blvd does it. He is at least 75 and been doing it for over 50 years. I have had this, honestly I don’t recommend it especially on your wedding day. It’s not that it’s not nice, but it’s not what you think. You will get a much better shave from a 4 or 5 blade razor any day of the week. Trust me.