Basil... Motorsports?

Terry is definitely a good guy to deal with.

I can’t imagine depending on recreational business in this recession the past few years. It may Be a nice write-off for a successful auto dealer though. :wink:

Bombardier paid for half, and required it to maintain the franchise fyi.

Agreed…start with an existing dealership and see how it goes. Plus, you might draw people to the dealer to buy bigger things :wink:

Will it be anything like the old Basil Baja?

I thought this was was going to be performance shop for Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs and other cars Basil sells. Boo :frowning:

So are you just going to buy and sell used stuff?
If your look for a tech let me know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ray Laks Motorsports was in a really strange location

Pioneer is a bit of a ride, but they are a fairly helpful bunch of folks with a pretty solid stock of parts and halfway decent prices

Weaver is DISGUSTINGLY overpriced, especially on used inventory. Fuckers wanted $5k for a 4yr old ninja 650r and when I asked if there was negociation room on it they told me the most they’ve ever budged on a used unit is $200. FUCK THAT.

Don George’s has shit for inventory and basically serve as a place to make orders and pick up your shit.

Hamburg Honda is in the same boat as Don George’s

If you can do better than all of those places then I see no reason NOT to give it a shot, especially with a name so well-established in the area. With a good central location, fair pricing, no-BS sales, and good used inventory I see no reason it couldn’t work. I fucking hate weavers because it’s like their used sales policy is “take the retail book value and add $1000” is how they price their bikes.

I didn’t know where RayLaks was until I happen to drive by yesterday, nice, new,… empty building.

Josh, I have never been able to convince the big dogs about performance stuff so maybe when I have my own shop we can collaborate :slight_smile:

I think if we start out with small numbers of these, sell them as-is or close to it like buying from a private seller we can sell them for a price low enough to make it worth while for the customer. If not, we have plenty of technicians who know what they are doing because our service employee lot is always full of trailers with toys.

Remember the people who will be running this will be me and the other 2 resale managers here at Joe Basil Chevy. All 3 of us have common sense and you all know I am pretty up-front about most things.

Mostly used stuff too guys… I should have been more clear about that.

I want a can am dealer closer than Bucks Motorsports!!!

Ken’s Sales & Service in Elma