battery light

ok so for about a month now my Neighbors battery light comes on, flickers, turns off, turns on, flickers off. it all started after he washed the engine bay with the pressure washer they use at the DIY car washes.

the only problem was the light would come on but it was always chareged and it ALWAYS started.

so today he hops in, drove down the street, battery light on and his interior lights were more dim then usual, so he pulls up to the light and he notices his headlights were VERY dim. seconds later his airbag light turns on and radio shuts off…

the alternator was replaced with-in the past year.
what could it be? the votltage regulator or did he kill the new alternator?

car is a 2001 TDI Golf.

Killed the new alternator

This. Ask me how I know. :facepalm

he’s gonna be upset. its 270 for a new unit.

this the same neighbor with that new rs i saw?

nope, this is rizzo.

oh okay

check under the batt in the wiring they are good for acid eatin some of it ,and wreckin the connection i have seen it a few times

hav><rizzo

Who the fuck pressure washes their engine bay? :rofl

it wasn’t much pressure, but rizzo did. my neighbor.

VWs dont run when there is moisture nearby.

yea i’ve found out on multiple times:Idiots

Where-ever he got it, it will most likely be warrantied for at least a year, most likely lifetime. Tell him to bring it back.

i have on like 10 of my cars

Damn, I’d be afraid to rip a wire or something.

yeh i never point it directly at something electrical and blast it. Its mostly for like the engine block, strut towers, and fire wall to look all pretty

the proper way to wash an engine bay would be to spray degreaser all over everything and just use a normal garden hose to rinse it off, stay way from ignition and electrical stuff as much as possible.

turn this

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9315/dsc0091jc4.jpg

into this

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3462/pics026yb1.jpg

Wow degreaser relocates the battery and gets rid on the washer fluid resivior, where can I get that degreaser?

Yeah well if you’re not retarded about it, it shouldn’t hurt anything.

OP, your neighbor got a 2000 TDI Golf? You guys must have similar problems then :rofl