battery light

no i have a 2000 golf tdi, neighbor wit problems has 2001 golf tdi

Try X-Cel on Broadway in Schenectady for a rebuilt alternator. I paid $60 for the last one I bought and it came with a lifetime warranty. They can also test it much better than the retards at Advance Auto can.

I found that out with my Mustang’s starter. Advance said it was good but it wasnt.

good deal, thanks for the idea!! goin down to poughkeepsie saturday morn to pick up the new one! free 90 free:excited:excited:excited

Free 90 free?

Don’t forget most chain auto part stores can do a free Alternator check as well.

Good luck.

well, i put a new alternator in and i still have the same problem. had it checked at advanced auto. battery is good. alternator is doing nothing.

battery light is still on. i checked all the grounds and re checked them and still have the same issue. could the new rebuilt alternator be a bunk unit? WTF.

New one can totaly be junk i’ve seen it happen before

Maybe that’s why it was free!!

it was a warranty exchange.

Some are bad from the factory, especially many remaned ones.

Ask them to do an actual alternator check, whether it’s in or out of the car.

whe are ya gonna pull the wiring harness apart i told ya to under the battery .i bet ya find your problem

Had this type of issue on a car before, and it turned out that the wire from the positive end of the battery, and the fuse box was loose… fixed that issue, and never had the problems again.