Battery Problem

Ok, here’s what i’m dealing with. I bought my car back in April and ever since then i’ve had a battery problem. If I don’t drive my car for 12 hours (give or take a few) my car won’t start. Basically i’m running off my Alternator. My mechanic told me when i first got the car that the batter SEEMED ok, but i think it might just not be holding charge due to a leaky cell or something along those lines.

Any ideas or solutions?

My best bet would probably be a new battery. I have a serious set of 12 inch phoenix golds that i love to pump, so any suggestions on a good battery too?

Thanks

-Rory (240sxxx)

Get something with a High output or cold starting power , buy new so you will get a road side assistance .
You can check CT they have a selection , all up to how much you want to spend.

what he said.

and if you want to go big, hit up CostCo where they sell optima red and yellow top for a decent price.

thanks guys. Costco it is.

costco isn’t that much less than walmart if you want to get a redtop. i think walmart had it for like 139 and costco for 136. just informing you as costco is not always as accessible as walmart is (distance travelled and/or warranty issues).

UPDATE

about 2 weeks ago i bought the optima red top and put her in. Car seemed to be running fine for the next few days and would start even if not driven for 12 hours. I thought to myself “problem resolved!” WRONG

i didn’t drive the car for a day and a half and when i get ready to go out to a party on friday night, my car is dead. I give her the 'ol jumparoo, and when it started she ided at 2500 rpm. HUUURTING. Also, my headlights wouldn’t come ip.

I’m guessing electrical problem now. Any ideas?

Grounding dude. I had the same problem when I relocated my battery to 'el trunko. I’d hit up some audio place, pick up some 0 gauge cable and do it up that way. If you can’t find 0 gauge, 2 or 4 should be just fine too, I just like to go overboard, that’s all :slight_smile:

Ya I agree with the grounding, I have 2 8G grounds and it is not near enough, I am going to add two more this winter and that should solve all them little problems,

id get your alternator tested too. if your charging systems not up to par your batteries will live very short lives.