Battle at the Border 2009

Just thought i’d post this I know its awhile away. I know most of you aren’t into car shows but it has more then that going on. admission was also lowered.

Battle at the Border 2009 - July 26th 2009 - DunnTire Raceway Park

Car show, drag racing, drifting, stunt bikes, possible mud racing and more

There will be local vendors like Kustom Workz, SCAP, Ray Laks Motorsports and more there and the show is also going to be part of the TJIN tour edition. So he will be up here with his newest rides on display. Working on more stuff for the show and I hope to see some NYspeed people come up and doing dome racing.

UPDATE!!!

July 26th (sunday), DunnTire Raceway Park, Lancaster, NY

Kustom Workz presents Battle at the Border

WNY’s Biggest car event is back for 2009.

Battle at the Border is a car event like no other. Our focus is bringing people from all over the USA and Canada together with the same interests and to introduce new people to our lifestyle.

There will be drag Races held by DunnTire Raceway Park

Drifting hosted and ran by DriftSet and SuiSlide

Stunt bike riding by Smokey 636 and friends

Be sure to look out for Melvin Torres in the Goodfellas section to see some of the craziest haircuts in WNY

Check out Neil Tjin and his latest rides as Battle at the Border is a stop on the Tjin Edition tour

Check out Mark Abate and his newest sema vehicle and installs.

Stop at the 3G Ink booth for all your vinyl needs.

Check out the latest Honda has to offer along with new products from Ray Laks Motorsports

stop by the Pagan Auto booth for there latest and greatest products. They are also a good place to check out if your looking to buy a new car which they always have some at the shop.

Also, new this year first 200 cars registered will get a free subscription to Performance Auto and Sound Magazine and keep a look out for our ad in the magazine.

Show car registration $35
Bike registration $15
General admission $10

ill prolly go, i know ill have my car done by then

Maybe my car will be together for some drifting this year.

i may go… sounds fun hopefully i have a few new toys for this!

ill probably go, why not lol

ill probably go, wont take my car tho

x2

sounds fun …we’ll see

sounds like a big shred and ragan…

run em then ? Ill need some track times

as long as the track is prepped and it is not a cluster fuck of white trash dragging water all down the track

+1 this sucked balls last year, no track prep, i was spinning into 3rd, running 8.2’s and prob still the fastest car there by at least a half second… i think my best match was speedped’s dad :meh:. Please no drifting, it was stupid and pointless last year, took up a bunch of time from the drag racing which the majority enjoy. And i have some vid of this kicking around somewhere so if anyone’s like “ohh snap dawg driftin is siqqq yo, you not a real enthuesist!” i can show what a clusterfuck it was.

I think its a good idea, kinda like khumos, which was always fun… i think it could be a good time. Just making some suggestions…

• Prep the track
  • No busted ass girls trying to look hot with cottage cheese asses
  • drifting is gay, esp at lancaster through potholes
  • make the “show” people run down the strip once to be qualified for
    judging, for my viewing pleasure

X2

only drifting allowed should be if their actually good unlike last time i went.

def some nice ideas, and i think there should be someone regulating who goes in the car show bec i’m not gonna go there to park my car next to some kit with a rusted out cavy that has an unpainted and broken body kit on it

if this really is gonna be the “battle of the border” they should have the drag racing broken into the canucks and the americans, then have an ORGANIZED bracket to race the countries vs eachother in eliminations…but i’m not holding my breath ffor something that well put together

thank you for your suggestions. Last year the show was kind of thrown under the bridge with the people that were doing it backed out and then me and the track decided to still go through with it. This year I am trying to make the event better and I hope it does turn out better. I am trying to get something for everyone so that everyone doesnt have to always go hours away for event when we can do something here.

get ligitimate judges, not haveing us all walk and judge then carl decide what he wants to win, if you want id liek to judge muscle cars but if so id like to design the score sheet lmk, i should have a car for this event to do some racing with

the judges were ligitimate. so dont go start talking trash Steve. i’ll have some other then you and carl judging muscle cars, hot rods and classics. someone that knows what to look for and wont favor someone because of freidnship and/or family

ok sounds good