BB email alerts v. Time Warner email

ever since TW changed their email a few days ago i dont get the email alerts on my BB anymore. i got a message on my BB yesterday saying that it is not accessible on my BB.

anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it, i tried deleting that address from my BB and putting it back in but still didnt work.

gmail

Seriously, stop using shitty internet provider based email addresses. If you’re addicted to Outlook or some other mail client just enable POP in gmail.

My guess is that they either

a) changed POP servers

or more likely

b) had an alias setup on their old mail system that included your BB address. If you had to contact them in the first place to setup your BB, call them again because they need to redo it.

i dont use outlook, never had to contact them originally about my BB

time warner just changed last night im sure of it cause my email address finally got cut over from adelphia.

seriously, gmail supports POP and IMAP. Setup a forward rule on your time warner account and start telling people the new address and you will easilly be able to switch over.

I hate gmail actually, and I have had my adelphia address for so long now that to change it for all my accounts for everything would be rediculous

Im in the process of doing that now. Eventually i may not have time warner but gmail will always be there and so far it has been a great address.

ISP email is just asking for SPAM but chances are they moved servers somehow.

Readd the server with these addresses. http://www.help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2FDefault.aspx

They upgraded their email yesterday.

Option 2: Switch to Gmail.

Don’t know how you could “hate” gmail. If you don’t like using web mail you can set it up to POP just like shitty adelphia mail.

And once you go through the hassle of changing your email at all those places you use your Adelphia one you never have to do it again (unless you think Google is going away which is pretty unlikely). And, then you can switch internet providers any time you find a better deal and it’s no hassle at all.

Oh and I get FFAARRR more spam to my gmail account then any other account I have. Including my aol account which I use when I actually have to provide an email address for some shitty signup somewhere

Thats all relative though… my time warner never used to get spam now its loaded…

I have had my G-Mail account since you had to play that refresh game to get an account. I have not received one bit of spam mail. My yahoo is loaded with it. Its over 6,000 messages, and every time I go through and clean house its right back up there in a month.

Gmail is by far the best FREE email account out there. Just get it and love it.

Incoming is pop-server.roadrunner.com

Outgoing is smtp-server.roadrunner.com

I wasnt able to send email for the last 2 days now. Just got tech help

resend the service books to your BB