Be jealous of my sweet moped.

Well for one, traditional bikes are generally smart enough to keep to very edge. Most of the people I see on mopeds are right in the middle of the lane, going slower than the other traffic.

Not my cup of tea but i guess it is rather neat. What makes you like it?(please don’t say fuel prices)

Fair enough, but I would think that is more a result of idiocy rather than their choice of conveyance. Maybe the fact that they have a motor (albeit small) between their knees makes them feel they should be IN the road.

Well, like morons who cause car accidents by doing stupid stuff or jay walkers that walk out into the middle of traffic, if you do stupid stuff on a moped, you will get hit.

This is classified as a “limited use motorcycle”. There are three classes, A, B C.

C Class mopeds are anything 20mph or under. Laws are no insurance necessary, but registration is, no motorcycle license.

B Class mopeds are 20-30mph. You need insurance and registration, no motorcycle license. This is where my moped is registered because it was factory restricted to 30mph. (I’ve since modded it to do 40)

A Class mopeds are anything above 30mph, but restricted to 49CC. Technically the law says 40mph tops, but there are some stock mopeds 49CC that can get more than 40mph. for this you need insurance, registration and motorcycle license.

You are by law required to stay to the far right, usually in the bike lane or shoulder if there is one, if you are in class C or B. Class A can go where ever they want. No moped is allowed on highways, interstates, etc.

Riding on Niagara Falls Blvd is a death wish weather on bicycle or moped or even scooter. I don’t even like going there in my Astro Van. :slight_smile:

That and I think you’re seeing a lot more idiots on them because people are buying them just to save gas. They think of it as a replacement for their car, so they drive it like a car.

Pics of moped loaded w/ drums. :slight_smile:

Saw a real poor black dude on bailey with a window AC unit strapped to his bike handlebars.

Cougar, my hunt for a moped was in fact because of gas costs (my DD is an AWD Astro Van, 12mpg!), but since then I’ve grown to like them for other reasons. There’s actually a lot of cool stuff you can do to them, and they are super easy to learn how to fix things with such a simple engine. With some tips from my bro, I’ve done all the work myself, included an engine swap on this one. There’s 70cc and 80cc race cylinders you can get for these that with a swapped larger carb will get you up to 60mph. Now, I wouldn’t want to do that on this bike because I would DIE, but there are crazies that do.

This one in particular I bought for it’s looks and because it’s German. haha (see my BMW e30 posts! I have a slight fascination for German things…)

haha

lol @ newman

If I didn’t have to cart all my band’s shit too (must be nice to own a small car) I would totally rig up a trailer for this and my drums!

They don’t fit in the e30 either!

Don’t forget that this is an automotive forum, mmkay? Save the OT bullshit for OT.

So do you get over 100mpg with this thing?

I haven’t clocked it yet, but I’ve only ever filled the tank once and I haven’t touched it since. That was at least 40 miles ago (just got the thing put back together not too long ago) and there’s still plenty left. (not sure exactly how much, no gas guage, but the tank still looks pretty full)

Fun way to get around the neighborhood. :tup:

Sometimes i wish i was the singer… just show up on a moped and rage…

Yeah, my bassist has a Honda Civic SI that she can JUST barely fit her bass cabs into because the back seats fold down and my singer/guitarist has some crappy hyundai or kia or something, a mini wagon thing on it’s last legs… Good thing the drummer has the foresight to get a usable vehicle for playing shows.

Bassist bought a Puch moped, btw. lol She got jealous of mine… She has since put on a new exhaust too, but hers can just get over 30mph right now…

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2520606951_51d8c12242.jpg

I heard this story LOL was it plugged in?

“i gots me a 150 ft radius around my sista’s hairstylin shop” -originalsin

There used to be a Moped dealer in EA.
Their logo looks like a BMW logo, no?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Puch_logo.PNG

I rebuilt a puke-ped once. Fucking PITA getting it running. Pedal pedal pedal pop the clutch put put put stall FUCK!

edit, fry beat me to it!

:thankyou: