Beave Run Low Key

I met some new people at the Low key event at Beave run today.It was nice meeting u guys.I had a blast but im as red as a lobster.Anyways I took like 70 pictures and a few videos.I appologize in advance because some of the videos shake more then others.There were bugs everywhere all day and i was trying to swat them and film at the same time.
Pictures:

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=newguy5&p=r

Very nice vid of my car…that was my best run of the day actually. What camera did you use to take that?

I got a bit of sun as well… actually natural browning over top my fake redness :slight_smile:

Nice meeting you btw. I met a half dozen awesome people today.

The pictures and video were taken with a Canon S3IS.it was nice meeting u as well.the Z looked great.did u see the pictures i took of ur car 2?

I’m hoping to make it up there next month. Seems like too good of a time to miss out on.

Oddly enough the video you got of my civic was with someone else driving, but you caught my fast run in the RSX lol.

Great day today, nice meeting you we’ll have do it again sometime!

ya sorry bout that.lol.it was a really good run though.

Haha no its cool, I’ve seen my car in video before so seeing the RSX from the outside was nice. You also caught this gem hehe.

newguy5 uploaded this image to

Yes, the pics look great too!

My opinion of auto-x has changed. I dreaded thinking about it from previous experiences at NP. My buddy just grabbed a E46 M3 so we decided to spank the cars today.

I HATE the northpark autox for a few reasons:

1.) You have to be there at 8:30 for drivers meeting on a sunday
2.) You get 4-5 runs in 8 Hours! No way to justify standing around alllll day for 2 minutes of seat time.
3.) The entire course is on a sideways grade
4.) Most of the time the course is to technical - repeating many portions multiple times
5.) By the time you learn the course in your 5th heat/run the day is over

Beaverun experience:
I dragged my ass out of bed around 10:30am. Got there at noon. Paid my money and got about 15-20runs within 4 hours. The course was FLAT and not as technical as NP. Overall I think this is better for someone who isn’t as serious in competing, but getting seat time.

Ya i think u were driving that time.i was hopeing i caught that shot…cause i was looking through the view finder and i saw smoke.My noobskills some how captured that shot

Iv never been to north park before but so far i love Beave Run.and ur right its easy to get 15+ runs in a day.

O ya if anyone wants a full resolution picture of there car from my photobucket acccount let me no.the resolution i was shooting at was 2816x2112(6mp).

Bryan … Sick pictures dude … Looks like a fun time!

Ya its a lot of fun.but i still like my straight line racing:D

That breaks the two up perfectly. If you just wanna run your car to see what it can do, head to beaver. If you wanna compete, head for North Park. To be honest that was one of the more open beaverun courses. Trust me they will toss in a tight one every now and then (tighter than anything NP has ever done), its painful lol. Still its all for fun, next one looks to be April 30th. Dunno if I’ll go up or not, but week nights are cheaper and have a smaller turnout usually for anyone interested.

lookin good bro, use that setting i gave u and follow the car. just so it doesnt seem like it is frozen in time. Quality wise ur on point, i’ll have mine up from NHSCC soon

Thanks.i didnt have much time to mess with the settings so i used a preset and will never do that again:(…the ISO went up on its own and i spent 45 minutes trying to remove noise out of like 60% of the pictures i took.

haha that sucks good shit tho

1. registration closes at 9:30, drivers meeting is usually at 10:15 or so.
  2. can’t really argue this. depending on course and turnout. Yesterday we all got 6 runs and were done by 2:30, then there are times when I haven’t got home until 5:30 after only taking 5 runs. It’s hit or miss at NP.
  3. yep, the camber of the lot is, um, interesting to say the least.
  4. the designs have started to change to be more open but it all depends on the co-chairs.
  5. I tend to like the way steel cities runs heats at beaverun. you get 3 runs in a row. tires are warm, course is fresh in your mind. If you get an nhscc membership though, you can run north park for $15. That’s not a bad price.

Keep in mind that the Low-key events are different than regular auto-x too as far as competition. Part of nhscc and steel cities events is preparing you for regional/national events.

thanks i tried.i was trying to pan hopein to make the car clean but the backround blurry…but didnt happen that way.

anyone going tonight?