BeaveRun Car Control Course in June.. Anyone going?

There’s a car control course being hosted at BeaveRun in June. They will feature slaloming, threshold breaking, and skid-pad accident avoidance. I’d like to have a better control over my car so I’ll probably be going just figured I’d ask around see if any of you guys had ever gone to one and let you guys know it was happening in case you wanted to. Here’s the URL to more information and to register:

Also, I know this may look like spam but I’m not spamming I’m genuinely interested in this and genuinely considering going. If the URL is a problem, please remove it/I’ll remove it but I’m not trying to spam.

$75 isn’t bad, but it seems more like an advance drivers-ed course. Should be good for an absolute beginner though.

Sounds like you could do the same at a local autocross, for less money, and not have to drive all the way to PA.

He’s from PA.

Well, I bet they autocross there too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a complete noob. I’m only a little familiar with what autocross is… BUT does anyone know of any autocross tracks nearer to Kittanning? And, yeah, it sounds like an advanced drivers ed course but I definitely am only a casual driver currently so I would love to have more control over my car in general.

http://www.steelcities-scca.org/

Specifically:
http://www.steelcities-scca.org/Autox/index.html

I can’t say enough good things about SCCA’s autocross program if you’re looking to “try out” motorsports or just learn better car control.

Props to you for not thinking you are gods gift to cars and realizing you can benefit from professional teaching.

One less shitty ass driver to worry about :tup:

It all depends on how they run this program;

Beginners to Novices, if you get more than 15+ minutes of seat time than it is a better deal than going to a couple auto-x events.

Intermediate to Advanced, BeaveRun has a 200 foot skidpad, you will never get true steady state turning at auto-x (hey, you can load up your suspension, actually keep it loaded, and figure out how your car behaves). If they allow multiple runs, both directions, time to play with tire pressures the skidpad is an outstanding tool that you couldn’t even duplicated on an open track. The slalom could be equally as educational, depending on how they set it up, auto-x slalom are sometimes (purposley) unevenly spaced, offset, and a little on the tight side. For training purposes an evenly spaced, open, no tricks slalom could expose a lot on weight transfer and suspension loading.

Obviously I always encourage people to auto-x, but I also wouldn’t discredit this event as go drive around in a circle and listen to you tires squeal and make left right left right left right around those cones event (but it all depends on how well it is set-up).

Hey man I’m about 20 miles South from you on Rt.28. That program at BR looks like a good one. Also don’t be afraid to try a real HPDE event if you are new to high performance driving. I did my first track event at a Nissan SR20 convention back in June 2000 and I had never even autocrossed before. I paid lots of attention in the classroom and listened carefully my instructor on the track and had a blast. I’ve been doing it ever since. Autocross is another venue that you can utilize to learn good car control. You might want to check out North Hills Sports Car Club for an autocross closer to you. They start up in May iirc. Also you should come over to www.racepa.com there are a lot of autox guys there and they are very friendly and helpful.