Beaverun Drift Day October 29th

Alright, things are finalized for October 29th. There will be a contest. It’s on the skidpad area and it will be $45.00 for all day practice and contest. There will be prizes from Strict Fab and intercoolers from www.johnnyracecar.com. Practice starts at 10:00am and the contest will start around 3:30. There is no practice only so if you come be ready to enter the contest. Bring plenty of tires. Questions and directions can be found at www.Beaverun.com . Spread the word. Thanks.

So is any one on here planning on attending next weeks drift event. I know theres a lot of people on here that still don’t get drifting. Come check it out if you don’t have any thing else to do, maybe it will change your mind.

I would definitely be heading up, but I will be out of town that weekend. What happened with DG Trials?

They canceled because they didn’t have enough people preregistered. So Beaverun decided to hold a contest so people that had already made plans could still come out.

im gonna try and make it.

I’ll be there rain or shine

it is not that we dont get it, it is just gay. :e-drama:

x2 Its basically just who can showboat the best. :gives:

There’s a little bit more to drifting than “showboating”. It’s actually judged on entry speed, race line, drift angle and how well you can drift tandem with someone else. You may think driving sideways is dumb. I may think driving in a straight line is dumb. Who cares? You know what they say “opinions are like assholes everybodys got one”. vw16vcabby you must like “gay e drama” since you came on this post to try to start some. You may think drifting is gay and some people might think a guy that drives a VW cabby is gay. Who cares? I posted it here for people that are interested in drifting and would like to attend a local event. But thanks for your opinions.
:gives:

1. you are correct cabriolets are the gayest cars ever made. most guys who drive them probably are cock guzzlers. i think the new mini may be close, but alas, the cabriolet deffinitely takes the cake.

2. i understand the theories that go into drifiting. however, what is the point of watching amatuers get all squirly on a skid pad? i would gladly watch these ams drift on an open road with a guard rail inches from their bumper. no offense to you b/c i dont know u or know ur driving background, but this is the same reason why i dont go to the track to watch bracket cars or 15 second cars race-- no excitement.

3. the :e-drama: add-on was made because i knew this would ruffle feathers of some people who are “serious” about drifiting. My question to those people is–what was your background prior to the drift craze? it seems to me the whole drift scene is a bunch of rejects w/ beat up 240’s that had no money to go fast, so they go sideways.

dont get me wrong, there are drivers who come from auto cross or road racing background, and actually have car controll/handling skills. those people i can understand their passion of drifting. those drivers i may actually watch, as no one will ignore a skilled driver getting it sideways. if that was the case, then no one would ever watch Bullit. however, it seems that your scene gets dragged down by the wanna-be “im jdm as fuck w/ my usa built ka greater than all primered black 240 yo!” retards in the same sense that import drag racing gets drug down by ricers.

4)lastly, i mostly replied b/c it was late at night, i read your post, and thought that the "i know theres a lot of people on here that still don’t get drifting. " quote was a tad bit paternalistic. Almost to the point that it makes us who dont drift seem liek we are stupid for not doing it, or we are too uneducated to do so. so me saying “we get the ideal, it is gay” was basically a cheap shot. i admit it.

personally, as long as your driving a car, i dont give a fuck. motorsports>show cars.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=9D9A98C5-FAF8-4FCE-A841-BBC5A0E37884
vw16vcabby there’s a pic of me on the north track @ Beaverun and a quick vid. clip to show you who I am. I’m driving the maroon 240 that runs first. Also, the same things you don’t like about drifting I don’t like either. I hate drift posers and fags that are into it because they think it’s the new cool thing and they have to be all JDM. My comment in my second reply about people on here not getting drifting wasn’t meant to start drama. I meant that a lot of people on the site just haven’t had the proper exposure to it. I respect all forms of motorsports. It takes a certain skill to do them all well. A lot of people think drag racing takes no skill. I personally know it takes tons of skill. I just want others that can appreciate car control and driver skill to come out and check it out. I’ll gladly give any of you a ride and I guarantee your mind will be changed. You may not like it so much you want to do it but you’ll see not everyone is some young punk getting squirly in a parking lot. I actually hate drifting on the skidpad, I’d way rather drift on a banked oval or road course. That’s what seperates true skilled drifters from the posers. I autocrossed for years and did a lot of open lap days before starting drifting. When I was really young I used to race go karts so I have always been into motorsports even as a child. There will always be fucks that make a scene look bad ricers, posers whatever you want to call them. I just want to show you guys there’s actually skill involved and it can be a hell of a lot of fun. So for real if there’s some one here that would like to come and take a ride come out to Beaverun and look for me. I’ll be driving the only marooon 240 hatchback there. Later, John

sounds good!

obviously i didnot make it, sorry the g/f was in a serious accident friday night, she is ok but dinged up so i had to do the b/f thing o well ill have to wait until next year.