Belle Isle Grand Prix today...

I got my way into the Cadillac Corral for the Grand Prix this weekend (50+ cts-v’s all lined up). Today was the Indy lights, Grand-Am and World Challenge races.
I introduced myself to a couple of the top brass and later in the afternoon I was invited to be part of the parade lap. I figured it would be me and my friends riding in a slade around the track, but I found out they had chosen 8 people to take the CTS-Vs around the track and show the crowd that the civilian version could handle the track. Or at least that is what I decided it should be.
I got a cts-v wagon with an auto (which further confirmed my correct purchase decision of the 6MT). They had a lead car with a pro driver leading the line and we all got to tear up the track. I was sliding around the turns and got it up around 100 on the back straight. Nothing too crazy since I didn’t know the track and I had people in front of me that I caught up quick to quickly, but it was still a blast.
Plenty of pictures are coming but I figured I would share my excitement.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

I am glad I didn’t turn out like this guy

A quick rain shower and

bam

:tup:
I saw the photos from Turner’s fbook page, looked like you had a pretty good monsoon out there!

Friday was a mess. It held off and started pouring when I was pulling out last night, you could see the clouds rolling in as the count down was at 10 mins.
Today is perfect so far, 70 sunny and a slightly breeze.

[sarcasm]awesome track[/sarcasm]

I must have tore that ish up, literally…

A couple of th V’s and some other Caddy’s mixed in including some XTS’s.

Weird how caddys went from sucking so bad to offering some pretty badass cars :tup: nice

Nice :tup: