"Bent" frame rail

Apparently car was jacked up on it and it bent. Now to me this seem fixable. Just plate over it and it should be fine…looking for opinions on this…

I disagree, Its bent past the edge curve so the sides will still crumble inward, you need to cut and reweld the whole section if you want it to retain structural integrity. If you’re just trying to hide it from safety inspection, than your way would be cheaper and easier but again structural integrity will still be an issue.

^ +1

That curvy section in front is bent up way way beyond edge. That entire area needs to be cut out and replaced for structural integrity, if it matters …

Looks like you have some rust further down anyway, maybe its worth fixing the whole rail, won’t be that much more to do it all.

All right, so it MUST be fully cut and repaired. And as Gyani says its best just to get as much cut off and replaced at one time. Now the other side is minty fresh i believe, am i better off to do both or if the other side is fine just leave it?
Any recommendation on a shop to do this/know what to do? I am estimating a rail job done at a decent shop will run me 300-500 bucks? Possibly go somewhere where i can have it fixed and the whole underbody re-painted to prevent ANY rust from coming back? Looking at the condition the car is in now, should i be worried about rust under the fenders/rear bumper? I do plan to remove and por-15 under them to prevent anything from starting…

When it is cut open, how can i “rust proof” the inside of the rail all the way down? wd40? Paint? There are small rust sport alone the rails such as the holes that face the ground. Should i just de-rust and paint over or chop them out and replace patches to make sure it will not rust again.
Thanks

buy the excessive engineering frame rail kit, put both over, bolt em on, or weld em.

Saw those. I am just worried about internal rust. If i chop them open i can at least give a visual inspection and see where else i should patch ect.
Anyone else know of any other similar “kits” that are sold within Canada?
Thanks

do it right the first time,
there is a reason OEM frame was designed this way and not as straight piece

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

get it or regret it
for more pics and info click this linkhttp://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?229840-Frame-rail-OEM-Nissan-driver-side-brand-new

No these cars were built this way to save money. cheep and easy. My notion is this “If it ant broke dont fix it.” don’t waste your money on something you don’t need right now unless its apart of a bigger job that could save you by doing it all at once. This is two completely different jobs just buy a frame rail patch weld it in. Just make sure you cover the inside with a good cote of paint or both paint and rust Gard. cut it like you want and clean up underneath as best you can before installing and i bet you you’ll be happy with what you have for at least the next 5 years. the rest of the car will give you problems before these rail patches will.

excessive engineering dose make these and they are a thick gauge of steal i think a 16 gauge or something to that effect. so even if it will start to rust it will take a long time before it ends up like what you have now. Consider your rails took 18 years yeah you’ll be good to go with these things. and they will out live your car.