Frame Rail Rust Problems, Opinions ?

I got a 93 hatch not too long ago, buddy said it was mint and there was no rust on the under body at all. It came safetied so I didn’t really bother getting it looked at on a lift. Basically once it was on the lift i found a hole on the drivers side frame rail near the rear tire, and beside the gas tank is looking really thin. Also found a hole in the drivers floor about the size of a golf ball and surface rust. It really isn’t too bad looking, only in certain areas. I really wish I saw this before because now im not sure wether its worth putting money into. Id like to weld it up and continue with plans but i just needed some opinions to see what you guys think. I am capable of welding myself but i just dont have a machine or space. I wouldnt drift even after frame repairs but the occasional slip and slide here and there, and id like to run a turbo swap, coilovers and a stance.[ATTACH=CONFIG]21412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21414[/ATTACH]http://www.son240sx.org/images/misc/pencil.png

grind and por 15 then krown the hell out of the back bit, and get s13counterpart to do the front rails.

I can sandblast it and por15, is it worth welding reinforcement over the rear ? thanks for the help.

1. install coilovers
  2. slam to the ground
  3. scrape off rust as you drive

and never trust a 240 owner when they say their underbody is mint. flip the car and rip it apart before you buy it :wink:

Haha is this serious?

OK.

Doesn’t look to bad, but then again, there is that nasty flaking black paint stuff everywhere, so who knows what else is hiding under there.

how much does it usually cost to get rails done if they’re in this condition?

amen

yeah it was coated with 3 cans of that rock guard shyte

sell for what you bought it for. Or track down the asshole who sold it to you.

Btw if you flip for profit you are no better then the motherfucker that fucked you over in the first place. karma is a bitch.

take the welder to it

That ain’t a buddy now is it? …what’s with people using the word “Mint” loosely these days? Fuck lol.

Can’t trust people so easily these days man, it’s fixable though.

ha naw just a way i refer to people, and he seemed like a genuinley nice and honest guy when i was buying it but since then i dont trust nobody with the shit theyre selling lol

Mint repercent few holes on a rail, maybe a hole or two on floor, with dumped bed liner in the trunk in 91 and below 240sx no?

I can build some rear 16 gauge rails to fit over that. You’ll have to have someone tack weld them on or whatever but it will be like new. I have to do the same fix on my car so may has well build them. They will be one peace and wrap all the way around and should out live the car. PM me if interested.

I sell all my rails cheep and strong.

i haave an answer for u my good friend http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ONLINESTORE.html?cid=41&step=4&pid=172

I make those too. Much cheaper as strong as stock.

^arent yours half the thickness?

No mine are 16 gauge with 16 gauge reinforcing on the inside. So exactly the same as stock.