rust problems

Explore Broc Wolff
here is a link to some pictures i took today of the under body of my car. i bought the car and knew it had rust problems but never really expected it to be this bad. has anyone had to deal with this bad of a problem and if so was it a major job to do or did you outsource to a body shop? and if anyone here does this type of work could you please let me know what i might be expecting to pay to have it fixed.

contact draggone he does that shit

You can expect to pay a shitload of money to fix that unless you can do it yourself.

I’m in the same boat. :/:

If i were you I would scrap that body after a year or 2 in my opinion, even the minor rust I have bugs the fuck outta me…

I’m kinda in the same boat, but not as bad. Get the frames patched up, get any holes fixed and or badly rusted out spots, as for the rest, it looks like surface rust. Sand it down yourself I guess, get the entire underbody rustproofed and call it a day.

I’m guessing that you’ll have to pay anywhere from 400-1000$ to get it done, or get the frame patched, and go with Polar_b16’s idea and find a clean shell to swap all your shit into.

Damn, looks pretty bad. I always stay away from cars with holes in the frame rails. Not worth the money to patch.

mine was rotted out till i fixed it… only cost me $40 in material plus hydro and time. but i second polars idea, if you cant do it yourself dont bother

man thats actually not even that bad ive seen way worse than that on other nissans ive had dont worry too much

Really, that is not that bad at all.

No doubt, once you start beating the junks off the frame, there will be BIG holes. Just get the right square stock and your good.

Easy job.

Didn’t even look at body pictures, I HATE body work. Frame work, sure why not.

Believe me, I have seen WAY worse. Some guys have come in for safety’s and we just cry from laughing so hard.

If your planning to keep this for a while, i would just scrap it and find a better chassis.

I’m trying to think who would do this in Ptbo, or even want to do it…

what did you do to fix it?

why didnt you get it inspected by a mechanic before purchase? Get it on a lift, get information than look around for prices so you know what you’re getting into before you actually get it. I was in the fairly same boat as you. Fitzy hid the frame damage with crap weld job.