Rusty Frame

Hey guys,
I have a 92 S13 and the frame is like rusted to shit and it has a hole in the chassis tubing under the driver’s side floor. I just wanted you guys’ opinion on whether it is worth it to save the chassis cuz the KA is still very strong with 290k miles on it. And if you do think it is worth it then if you got any frame welding tips that wouls be great! Thanks guys.
Samkam.

Sounds like trouble, maybe see if you can snap some pics and hopefully it’ll make the decision easier. :slight_smile:

i have said before and will say again a frame rail with a small hole is no problem. METAL IS something you can work with. its not as if you are missing a body part with no replacement, metal is workable to a certian extent.

anyways the extent of how workable it is is how big your pocket is or if you think its worth it. i know someone professional that will do a frame rail patch for 200 bucks cash.

oh yea? think you can pm me his contact? I need my frame patched too lol

by the way here is the number adress and everything.

First Class Auto Collision Centre.
collision repairs, welding & refinishing.
Bridge(bobby) neebar
Tel: 9054515843
Cell: 4165459990
5 Research Rd.
Brampton, Ontairo
L6w 1P4

he stayes open late everynihgt too really busy with alot of business so i think they are there till like 8ish everynight.
good guy to deal with let me tell you. 2 cars done by him and its awsome work

Buy a frame rail from nissan, and get it welded. Patching is a cool temporary alternative.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23416&highlight=frame

is this a good choice if the frame rails are messed up? mine have rust on it with holes, but up at the front of each side…would it be easier for a shop to just cut the frame rails out and replace with the nissan ones? i’m guessing most shops out there have a “frame machine”?

Welding those new frames in would be Great. I might do that to this car even though the frame is almost spotless.

hmm, now would it be more or less the same having the new frames welded in by any shop? or better to go with someone who’s played with 240s more? if it’s a straightfoward cut out n weld in new piece…

It shoudn’t matter where you go, but it is more expensive having a whole frame rail put in then just patching so they might convince you to patch it.
Good luck finding framerails, I went to nissan in whitby they said that the passenger side is discountinued and apparently I got one of the last drivers side rail in Canada lol.
I know a guy that does an amazing job in pickering, let me know if you need his #.

sure i’ll need his contact too please :smiley:

o serious eh…hmm