Best Bank?

TRUSTCO is like a dinosaur.

Banks suck.

Stick with Credit Unions if you are upstate. I use a combo of SUNMARK/CAP COM and BOA down here.

everyone i know from siena who lives downstate has sunmark bank

My GF used to work there. They seem to be like any other credit union.

I’m with Mohawk Progressive FCU have been for 10 years or so, they are really small and only have one location that I know of, but you can do any of your banking needs at any price chopper so that helps. I have had loans through them as well and have no complaints.

i went to one in westchester and it seemed legit to me

I use Navy Federal Credit Union. problem is the only LOCAL branch is in saratoga springs( we are lucky to have one in NYS, most military towns/cities will have a few branches) it originally opened for the Navy and Marine corps, but now is open to Army and Air force. its the worlds largest credit union. and they take good care of me

www.NavyFCU.org

Had pioneer for savings since 04 and sefcu for my loan and checking.
Dumped sefcu this year and now its alllll pioneer.

sefcu - hours SUCK DICK!!
pioneer - Mon-Fri: 10am-8pm
Sat: 10am-4pm

Beat that.

I have Sefcu checking and savings, Key checking, and HSBC checking.

Sefcu is good shit, and I really like them, plus points program for their debit cards which can be useful I guess. $3000 limit on debit purchases each day, and you can’t even get that raised if you call or in person.

Key I like because it’s good for vacations in that there’s really no limit on their debit cards. They also have ridiculous fees for bank checks and money orders.

HSBC I’ve just had for a few years. I haven’t wanted to close it because banking with the same financial institution for a while can increase your credit score… Which I need.

I use SEFCU, like them a lot, only had one real problem two years ago when I was in Indy and I used an ATM to take out a couple hundred $$$…they locked my account without even calling me because I was using an ATM that wasn’t local to my address. Which I didn’t even know they did until I tried using my card again and it wouldn’t work.

I have Bank of America right now and I cant stand it. They have raped me in every possible way with the worst possible lube… lol. My problem is that I have everything set up… ie bill payments, loans, etc… that it will be a nightmare to switch. I also have a few accounts with SEFCU and I have yet to have any problems with them. Once I get the motivation, I will be switching everything over. Their past shit with my home loan pushed me over the edge.

I could have told you BOA would rape you. Look at their balance sheet.

SEFCU FTW!

FUCK FIRST NEW YORK!!! I opened an account with them back in high school. It got to the point to where they were charging me crasy ass amounts for atm withdrawls. like 7.50 per withdrawl

7.50 you must be on crack man! I have no issues with them.

cap com is the shit

Ive got Bank of america. There online system is great to work with and they have one right next to my street pretty much. Hours suck though.

Yes 7.50 for a withdrawl at stewerts! stewerst hit me with 1.75 then they hit me with 7.50

TD Bank (my other bank)
Mon - Wed 8AM-6PM
Thur- Friday 8AM - 8PM
Sat - 8-3PM

THe biggest thing about banking is you have to be smarter than the bank. I have citizens which is a good bank as long as you NEVER overdraft. One overdraft will generally set of a shit storm and you’ll end up being $150+ for going over by like 40 cents. Its bad. But if you make sure you know check processing times and try to make all of your deposits as cash you can outwit them. They also have a few options that can help you as well.

The internet banking through citizens is the best ever. breaks everything down in a very easy to read manner and also tells you what charges you have pending to your account the minute you make the charge. The only exception being gas pumps which when using a charge card at only come up as $1.

Other than overdraft issues i think its a good bank. They also have a reward program called green sense which makes your statements paperless and pays you $0.10 for every debit card transaction and online bill paid up to $120 a year. Thats free money

Yessir, that’s my bank too and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever, except maybe that they don’t open until 9:30am and I tend to be long gone and on my way to work by that point.

been using sefcu for 8 years now

they have refunded fraud charges to me twice (one for $300 the other for $1,000) customer rep walked me right thru the process and it was really simple, had the money back into my account within 3 weeks

there is no minimum to keep in your checking and they only keep 25 held in your savings, which compared to banks like bank of America that make you keep an average of a certian amount per month in the you account or they charge you a fee… GHEY!

sefcu’s auto loans are petty good on new cars right now. 60 mons at 4.74% plus make it a direct deposit out of your account and they take off another .25% off the APR.

really any federal credit union is the best way to go. but i’ve always been treated well with sefcu and all of the people that work for sefcu are local (branches and call center are all locally employed)

wayne what don’t you like about the online banking? i’ve always found it really easy to find out how much money is in your account