So I need a new bank

Alright, so I am currently with Sunmark FCU. They suck dick, they’re like nazis with overdraft fees, especialy when there shouldent be any. Basicaly because of 1 thing being on hold caused 3 other things to overdraft like 3 dollars, causing 4 overdraft fees total, and then all the money was credited back in my account like an hour after the Nazis charged me overdraft. So i call them up being polite, saying look, because of a couple dollars due to something being held, i now owe 120 dollars in overdraft fees, this is ridiculous, the lady said she aggreed and taht it shouldent have happend in the first place but theres nothing they can do.

So I made my way down to the nearest ATM, took out everything in 100 dollar intervals (extremely suprised the ATM let me do it as many times as I did) Told sunmark to fuck themselves, and now am looking for another bank.

I have no problem paying overdraft fees when I take out a substantial amount of money I don’t have. But im very good about keeping track of my funds, but over a couple dollars owing $120 in overdraft fees is ridiculous.

What banks do you guys have, how are they with overdraft fees? Do they offer any overdraft protection? etc…

Thanks guys

I laugh hysterically at your misfortune.

Ha ha!

first NY - $30 overdraft fee
NBT - $25 overdraft

first NY is pretty good, idk i havent fucked with them too much. i just always check my balance online so i dont overdraft.

Yeah so do I, every day before I go out if I knwo im going to spend money. But apparently there was some big fee hiding in there somewhere that I did not see that was on hold, causing a couple things to overdraft maybe 6-7 dollars total. But of course each of those overdrafted, then the money being held was transfered back into my account along with 1 other purchase that got overcharged, so if the Nazi’s waited an hour these fees woudlent exist.

But I went and took my money out ASAP before they took it on me, they werent happy about that, I dont really give a fuck

HSBC for me. No ATM fee if you use one of their ATMs… YES! Who cares about the overdraft fees? You shouldn’t be doing that anyways so it shouldn’t matter.

dont spend more than you have. i think all banks have overdraft fee’s. ive never overdrafted my account so i dont know if i get hit with a fee or not. but it wouldnt help you anyway, my credit union isnt open to the general public

I’ve never heard of a bank issuing an atm fee at one of their own atm’s…

What was that bank that claimed to never have an atm fee?

Oh, right…WaMu :umm

Yess all banks have overdraft fee’s, but like I siad I have no problem paying one of I do and I know. There was money in my savings account, and before it got transfered over I got hit with multiple fees, even after a couple places that I used my card at refunded me a certin ammount. Its ridiculous

I have a WaMu account as well, but I use them for my credit card, not my bank.

And its not up to the bank for ATM fees its up to the company that distributes the ATM Machine

im not a financial advisor, nor do i really care, but you probably should take a look at your spending, and budget yourself better.

I’d agree with that if I dident have money in my savings.

You’ve don’t look at your bank statements very carefully, do you…I mean the BANK’s atm fee, for example…I have SEFCU, if I go to the Citizen’s Bank ATM (drive-thru ftw.) the ATM charges me $2 to withdraw funds, and SEFCU charges me $.95 for using another bank’s ATM…the BANK fee is what WaMu doesn’t have.

Brett you are retarded.

As far as I know my bank does not charge for those fees. I’m looking at a statement right now and its not there, so unless they’re sneaky assholes and not telling me about it, it doesnt exist.

I switched to SEFCU from Sunmark when I took out my car loan a few years back, just made things easier to do everything through one bank. I never had a problem with them. I charged gas to my debit card the night before I got paid, and the next day the gas went through before my check did… well nice folks that they are, SEFCU waived the over draft fee even though technicaly it was my fault.

trying to get a one up on me. you fat stoner.

now to the OP. keep money in your checking account if youre gonna be using it. having money in your savings isnt a good fall back plan for avoiding over-draft, even if its there you could still get nailed with the fee… and i as far as free ATM’s its free at Sunmark, Keybank, and my Credit union, so i limit my use to those.

Yeah SEFCU has been awesome, you just have to fight to get the number to a local branch, I hate calling the retards at the call center, but every time I get a hold of a branch manager they’re incredibly helpful, especially the Clifton Park branch manager, her name’s slipping my mind right now but she’s nice, and understanding as hell…er…well you get the point.

It pleases me to know that my lifestyle effects you so greatly that you feel you have to mock me because of it, I do love having a fan base.

Idk what problem you have with me, but you seem like a pretty fake person, act cool around people to their face then turn around and talk shit about them.

really? I thought there were some out there they charged a fee regardless.

sefcu FTW… never had one problem with them.

I’ve only had Adirondack Trust, Saratoga National, SEFCU, and Trustco, none of which charged me to use their own personal ATM’s, no.