Best Brand New Car Under $25k?

No way an MR is under 30K. more like 33-34k. RS is the only evo under 30k at a sticker of 29k. I think the other article was listed by 0-60 times thats why. I guess it depends on what your decision criteria is.

Jeller

Id say 350z, I love that car :slight_smile:

I think it was t3h fastar cause it was equipped with ultra high performance summers not Crapstone RE-92’s

Why “Brand New”? I bought my GTO with 1640 miles, still lots of warranty, and got it over 8k under the “new” price.

8K off on a used car form the “new” price is not much

saved over 10K on my car with about 6 months of use

altima coupe this summer. 3.5 coupe will be hot, however still fwd…

… 350Z… G35…

if it was my money i would do the MS3… you can get it loaded for the price of a base WRX… if you want to spend ~5k more go evo 9…

ok just got back from a little shopping trip, here’s the results so far:

2006 mazdaspeed 6, after s plan and rebates, just over 25k with navi. awd, fairly peppy, garbage clutch. very smooth shifting but my oh my that clutch was like two inches off the floor. overall though i enjoyed the (short) drive, good pick up and comfort, good dd level. looks wise i like this car the least on the outside, but it’s not a bad looking car. navi was sweet though.

2007 mazdaspeed 3, 22875, no rebates, no special financing, salesman actually told me they’ve been sellingl for about 2k over sticker. again decently comfortable, decent options, the clutch was a little longer feeling and tighter which i liked, but fwd, meh…bit of torque steer, and not as responsive off the line as the 6. i think this is the nicest looking car of the 3 though.

2007 civic si sedan, 21290, probably the best bang for the buck. good amount of options and power for the price, great resale, not as quick but in the snow that’s probably a good thing. i should probably buy this car.

if the 6 didn’t have such a weird clutch i probably would’ve bought it today.

this is going to be a year round car, not a fun car, i have my z for that. and i’m not trading the z in, i’m keeping both for now, so i’m not really worried about performance from this car as much as just a good solid dd, so no rwd cars or gm.

For year round did you consider a Legacy GT? AWD but more luxurious than a WRX or EVO

a vw gti is not a bad choice. I love mine…minus the fwd aspect.
You can get into a pkg 0… for under 22K 6disc,esp(which is awesome) ect…
you can get a reflash for about 500$ and have an awesome daily driver (does not void warrenty)
Chipped gti is faster than legacy gt…wrx…mazda speed 3/6.

speed is not the most important factor though. it’s going to see snow/rain/etc, whatever buffalo throws at it. i want something fun to drive that can handle our weather conditions and has some nice options/features.

the legacy gt starts at around 29, legacy limited is about 25k and i’d rather have the speed6 over that.

If a chip adds so much to veedubs why dont they just give them a decent tune from the factory? Seems like it would be a win/win but no one ever said the germans made sense :gotme:

civic with the navi

Def. the Si.

Because then they would be in direct competition with their sister company audi. Same reason the LSx always makes the most HP in the vette. If you’re going to share engines you don’t want your flagship to have the same HP as some lesser model.

Yeah I am wondering what that will cost me. Lets compare invoices when you have to replace your Brembo parts.

yeah fro what i heard its about a grand to do the fronts but those are subaru parts i believe.

WRX

thats a great deal on the MS6… i might just go with that because of the AWD and 4drs is helpful when you already have 1 2dr car…

Civic si is a good choice also for a daily, I would go drive the GTI also. The mkV GTI is much better than the previous mkiv GTI’s.

Good luck on the civic si’s pricing. Went to all 3 dealers with my brother and was getting no where near the pricing that I wanted to be at on the car. Guys were pretty much saying sticker and didnt care. They knew they would sell it anyways.

Jeller