Best car for the job.

I was wondering if some of you could help me out. I have a couple of cars lined up that I want to look at because I want a nice ride I can whip people in and drift, I realize that would be two differetnt types of cars, but I want to know what car you guys think would be best for both jobs. A 1985 Mazda RX-7, A 1990 Ford Mustang, or a 1989-1993 Nissan 240sx. I realize that the RX-7 is more of an older sport car than a drifter, but can still go fast and drift, I know, my neighbor used to have one the same year. I know the mustang offers more horse power than both the others, I can’t see any down side except it is a ford, but during those years they weren’t as bad, and lastly, I realize the 240sx has a lot of available mods, and has been more popularly used in drifting than the other two cars. Ican’t seem to weigh the options too critically because I like all these cars and if I could, I’d buy them all, but i can only pick one, so what do you guys think?

the rx7 is by far the least reliable, i would go for the mustang.

Something tells me that if you are this unfamiliar with “drifting” you probably shouldn’t be doing it.

If drifting is something I want to do, why would I let a learning opprotunity pass me by? If I don’t like it, I have a sweet rear wheel drive car or I could sell it to another kid that would want to learn drifting. I don’t understand you drift Nazis that don’t want to let anyone else into the sport, you need to get over yourself!

FWD drift nazi :mamoru:

the 240 is a great car to start drifting in

So why don’t you go down to legitimate drift event/practice (there is one being held @ Beaver Run March 18th) and ask around and get into the scene.

That is, unless, you just want a RWD car and drop the word “drift” whenever the opportunity fancys you.

i have a 94 firebird for 800 thats driftworthy its rwd

I think the 240 is the best drift choice. You would need to do a sr20 swap and you are good. There are a bunch of guys in the area that are very knowledgeable on the car and sr20 or rb swaps. Its also a decent quality car. The mustang is not and its nose heavy.

BTW I think beaver run sucks ass as a drift course.

Sound good, I might go check that event out. Mabey you could send me info on how to get there.

And FYI I wouldn’t drop the word drift whenever it fancied me unless I know how to drift and completed multiple drifts.

http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_drift_practice.htm

[sorrytothrowalinkinfromthe"other"forumbutitistheonlyplacetheparticipantshaveposted]

http://www.ubrf.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74754

[/apology]

Thank you

you dont need an sr swap to drift, all you need is coilovers a diff and a seat, in that order perferably. if you really want to get into drifting, dont short yourself by buying a mustang that is not a good drift platform to start off with ( fox bodys can be made to handle but things you take for granted on an s chassis, like a good amount of steering angle for example, simply arent present on a stock fox body) an rx7, also stated before is comparitivly unreliable, especially a 1985.

cliffs: if you are serious about this, pick up a 240 and like fairgentelmen z said, go to a drift event

Thanks to all of you that helped. FUCK THE DRIFT NAZIS! HA HA HA

try as you might, you will not be coining the term ‘drift nazi’ anytime soon

keep reading about these cars, it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge base that you need to build on… but you can’t lose with a good amount of power, IRS & RWD. and stick. :tup: to Violator

go for the 240, tons of mods and possibilities for a good drift car.

drift nazi… WTF? uhm, yea…

If you want to get into it, more power to ya; personally, and as I bet most of this board, we just don’t see the point in it at all… Just like picnic table’s mounted on the back of Civics…

I’d go with the stang. If it is a 5 speed you can dump the clutch and break the tires loose fairly easily. Choda use to “driftA” with his 4 banger lx back in the day…made for some funny ass vids when he kept going off the road lol. Ahhh good times.

Fucking word, dancing with a car. Whoop de doo.

post vids of choda trying to drift