Poll: Cheap drift car

I’m curious what you guys think would be the most cost efficient way to build a mild drift car. I won’t be going pro but I’d like to make the car purpose built. Keep all aspects in mind when choosing which one like what rims are available as per bolt pattern and cost involved if it needs a swap or how much it would cost to repair when it gets smashed up etc.

Jeff.

S13.

240, patch up frame, 2nd hand or megan multilink, aftermarket tie rods, 180sx brakes with brembo blanks and hp+, strip it, HICAS+ABS+AC, delete oh and coils.

SR20?
Half Cage?

done!

/lock

s13 weld the diff get coils. tell ur mom whats up

What about a 180? Lately they sell for almost the same price as a 240 and it’s almost always ( few exceptions ) cleaner than 240’s plus it’s already got an sr…

Not even close. 240 is like 1g. If you find a 180sx that low its a half cut with no engines.

Are you street driving it as well? If so, I’d seriously consider the rates of 180 as opposed to a 240, your may even have trouble finding a company to insure the 180.

But yes, 240, specifically S13. Reason why I sold the Kouk.

Jeff you had/have an S13 still right?

I was thinking more around the 3,000 dollar mark for a good condition one that doesn’t have 300,000km on it already… I figured a 180 could be had for around 4. I dunno I don’t keep up to date on value obviously mine must be over priced or it would be sold lol.

Yes I still have mine. Like I said though purpose built, won’t be street driven. I figure it wouldn’t hurt my wrx toooo much to get an open car trailer and tow it around lol or get a cheap truck.

wrx will not tow a 240…

this poll is kinda useless when posting on a 240sx forum

everyone knows a 240sx is cheap and a dime a dozen.

i’d suggest a 180sx since it’s SR’ed from factory and cheap. 5gs for a decent one like martino’s or peters.

Old FC or cressida…they are light and reasonably priced…despite the problems with rotary engine just replace it for some american muscle and you’d have a beast on your hands… as for the cressida theya re just fun and easy to work on…

I would have to agree it does seem kind of biased lol.

what a silly thread. 240’s are practically free.

that reminds me of this video of a tank WRX STI pulliing an 18 wheeler from a ditch in the snow.

The vid I saw was a wrx pulling an 18 wheeler (had sti wing) in the snow cuz it was stuck. I think it could tow a car, only one way to find out though.

Are you fucking kidding me? You want to tow a 240, on a trailer or dolly, with a WRX? Have fun replacing $1000 trannies.

lol…nd4boost pulled an f-150 out of a snow bank with a 240…