best cheap newer car under 9 grand used?

Hey Guys.

I’m looking for a newer car for around 9 grand.

2004-2007.

Mileage under 30k.

Stick or automatic, I don’t care.

I just need a econobox for a few years.

Here’s what I have been looking at.

Anyone have other suggestions or comments.

Toyota Corolla (maybe too much for my budget)
Chevy Cobalt/Saturn Ion
05+ Focus

I’m leaning towards a cobalt or an ion on the new delta chassis.

chevy aveo is about the best you can hope for.

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:2,topic:29160"”]

chevy aveo is about the best you can hope for.

[/quote]

nah I don’t fit in one of those man.

I can get any of the cars that I listed for 9 grand, they are all over autotrader.

Is the reason you’re not looking at older than 2004 because that’s the oldest car the bank will give you financing for?

If you can go older, do it. A 7 year $9k civic will be a better car to own than a 3 year old $9k Cobalt.

I agree with above, you’d be better off buying a little bit older Civic or Corolla then buying a cobolt or cavalier. You may spend 1k more than you wanted but in the long run you’ll be much happier you did.

hey I got a 2001 z24 cavalier loaded in great condition, silver, auto, 57,000 miles, powered sunroof. $6,500… Just put in new wheel bearings and new breaks and a battery

[quote=“drummerboy,post:6,topic:29160"”]

hey I got a 2001 z24 cavalier loaded in great condition, silver, auto, 57,000 miles, powered sunroof. $6,500… Just put in new wheel bearings and new breaks and a battery

[/quote]

do you mean brakes? :wave:

Cobalts are decent. There not top notch cars but the are a decent value. The 2.2 Ecotech on the base Cobalt really powers the car along nicely. (the five speed) The interiors are full of plastic, but thats to be expected at this price range. Civics are always great values. Reliable and great gas mileage. I can’t say anything for the Corolla.

x2 on civic or corolla

x2 on BRAKEs.

cobalt is probably your best bet out of what you listed