Best HID kit

Hey I have HID’s in my F-150. My Mom took it down to KrazyKid to get the exhaust looked at. While it was down there he told her my Ballast was out. Also my HID’s are only Low beams. So I want to know what the best kit for High and Low beams for 2008 F-150 I am pretty sure my truck is an H13 bulb. I want whole new kit, Pure white with a little tint of blue. Mine right now are 6K’s.

just so you know, MOST hid kits only have low beams… You can buy the dual flickering but its not any brighter. Most people just use there stock high beams. 6k is most commonly used and is very bright white… Not much blue though.

what I wana know is who is the most reliable brand. Also what watt should I go with and what K my current headlights a pure white I want a little tiny bit of blue but just a little

I just got DDM ones in last week, havent put them in the roach yet, but they seem to hold up. I bought the slim ballast, hi/low beam ones, in 4500k. The hi/low set already comes with the harness, incase your stock wiring is not heavy enough gauge. Of note, they did come from China I think it was, I have the box here somewhere, so they took a little bit to arrive. I also had Xentec ones that crapped out after 2-3 months, they were 6000k, and just too blue for my taste.

Also, DDM are fairly inexpensive, there are other much more expensive options too, that I would think would be better quality. I know others here have gotten a number of years from the DDM though.

Well maybe I will go with DDM. Do they have a chart to show what each of their K’s are?

Here is a link to the slim ones, they are on sale too lol, the bulb color chart is under one of the tabs; http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

i bought the set in my truck( 4300k low/fogs) and the set in my dads truck ( 6000k low/fogs) over 2 yrs ago without any issues. they were i think 50/set when i purchased them from tspny.com not sure if they are in business still but my HID’s still work

Anyone know what the difference between the Heavy Duty Ballasts and the Slim Ballasts are? I tried googling it and I cannot find a legitimate explanation.

IMO the slims are way better. Easier to hide and as long as they’re tucked well they won’t stop working from your average driving. I mean there’s obviously the risk if you hit something to damage them but I don’t think it’d be any different between the 2.

Put it this way, I have the big boy ballasts in my bumper, and they still manage to vibrate against shit and 1 of them just died. I have the slims in my headlights and they not only stick in place with just 1 screw and a small piece of 3m, but I haven’t had an issue (flickering or burning out).

I’m a big fan of the brand Sportiva on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-06-07-08-09-Ford-F-150-HID-BiXenon-Hi-Lo-SLIM-Kit-/120547503226?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c1130ec7a

theyre a little more expensive per set for you since you need dual beam, but you can literally hide them anywhere

I’m not really worried about hiding them Idc of people see them I just don’t want my ballast to burn out if I get mud all over it haha. Are they both waterproof?

A lot of cheaper ballasts are not waterproof, but you can but a non conductive two part potting epoxy. You just pull the cover off the ballast and pour the potting epoxy epoxy in. Let it dry and replace the cover. You really should check out the hidplanet forums.

I got mine from spencershid.com… I’ve heard stories from ddm and other places like that that made me not want to buy. Ofcourse its not a $30 kit but I figured in most cases you get what you pay for.

I’ve had no troubles for over a year now with my matsushita gen IV ballasts.

Spencershid.com great customer service and life time warranty on all parts!

The “BEST” kit?

Anything from TheRetrofitSource.com. Period. I just dropped $330 on a new Morimoto setup. Love it.

The best budget kit? DDM Tuning. But, at that price point…you can buy any kit and just replace as needed as they are so cheap.