Best LSD for spirited street driving, (OK, OK and maybe some AX)

I ordered a helical TRD unit, but now they cannot ship them until august 31st? FUCK THAT

So what would you pick:

Helical: quaife (1400)
Clutch: cusco (950)

I prefer Quaife for spirited street, autox, road course and Cusco for drift and rally.

Quaife

:bsflag:

Helical for the street, controlled tight turns. But, a clutch might be more fun for auto-X.

I aggree

if i get the quaife however, i cannot afford a clutch…

that sucks … sorry to hear that

I think mr. platinum plastic would disagree with you on this one.:wink:

What car is this for? Aka, what is wrong with the current clutch.

its funny cause its true.

well, i think we are gunna try to build the car up for drift events, and we dont think the stock clutch will handle all the abuse.

I like quaife and there warrenty

Quaife, you can probably find one for under $800.

^^^ what the fuck was I thinking?.. not a Quaife for under $800, a Peloquin LSD would go for about that much. You should consider one of those, they are helical and seem to be a much better value.

PHANTOM GRIP YO…Quife i mean quaife

Interesting tidbit… Lotus engineers did not originally include a LSD because the car was designed around an open diff. They only added (and very grudgingly, I might add) the optional LSD in 2005 because of demand from the auto-x crowd. Honestly, if you are running street tires, you may never really need it, as you don’t get the weight transfer that happens on race tires that is causing the inside wheel spin for the auto-x crowd.

If you MUST have a LSD, I think a 1-way type will provide the most benefit without the detrimental effects to handling (ie corner-entry understeer) that a 1.5 way or 2 way would have.

See sig.

Lifetime warranty even if raced > **

Hate to ruin all your guys circle-jerk attitude about quaifes, but it’s only a lifetime warranty if it broke because of its own internals. You shred a gear that takes out the quaife, like in a DSM tranny, and you are out of luck.

But beyond that, if its really a street car, then hard to beat the pro’s of a quaife regardless of the cons.

Who the fuck is this guy? :wink: I would take his word for it!

The ghost returns :lol: