Best Pergo prices

Where can I buy fairly priced quality pergo for my house? Looking to do three rooms and a hallway.

Thanks!

Lumber liquidators had it for a good price. Get some of the thicker stuff.

I bought mine at lowes, and the quality is not as good as the lumber liquidators stuff unless you start getting into the high dollar brand name pergo.

Watch lowes for clearance stuff, depending on how much you need and if you want it all to match (or do each room seperate) I was able to get Armstrong Grand illusions for $18/box, when it normally runs $55/box. It is the nice stuff too, all single boards (no simulated lines) and rated for light commercial use.

I know the other lowes by me had a bunch of Pergo for pretty cheap too. I can check brands tomorrow and you might be able to find some at other stores, or if you don’t need much more than what’s in clearance, then you can always bite the bullet and buy another box at retail.

other than that, I agree with the lumber liquidator route.

Lowes has some good prices on the stuff and sometimes you can get rebates on the foam padding. I did 2 fairly big rooms for under $500 with padding etc. I also did a room roughly 10 x 12 for about $300 but I used a nicer pergo from lowes.

If I go the pergo route, I will need 4 rooms done - 13x11, 11x11, narrow hallway, and 8x10. If the quote to fix the original wood and refinish is to much on my 1930 house, I was going the pergo route. It is a Kenmore double so I want to spruce it up a little

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!

www.builddirect.com

People say that real hard wood is superior, but the truth is, I love this stuff, and it doesn’t expand like traditional does. You can’t sand it down, but if it’s so cheap, you can just replace it after 30 years or whatever.

–mark

make sure you don’t get anything dark. i just installed a floor that was like cherry oak color and had to wipe it down like every 20seconds lol. everytime u open a door, dust flys onto it and shows everywhere

and it was the entire hallway, kitchen and living room

Well I went to two quick places today - Home Depot and Lowes (I will be going to the other places suggested to me through this thread and PM). I know that Lowe’s and Home Depot would probably be the most expensive. I will need between 22 and 25 boxes.

I was quoted for about 1500 and I was looking for a darker color because I have a big dog and was looking for something that hides any form of scratches
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/Mankthetank19/17279_522686381763_162200048_304991.jpg

You should prob get light then… we had a german shepard with light floors and it hid them fine

have you considered glue down wood flooring?
we have it in our house and it’s pretty heavy duty shit, you can slide furniture across it, and our dog runs around like a retard in the house and you cant see anything lol

im pretty sure its the flooring target uses in their apparrel section (looks like wood) You cant even tell its not real wood

your best but is to refinish your floors. its not very hard at all to do yourself. read up on it a little. i know there was a thread on here where someone actually did them by themself. hardest part is not eating away with to much floor with the sander :slight_smile:

Get some Bamboo, I am almost done doing 5 rooms of it and it is pretty cheap at $1.89 sq’ ~$45 a box that covers ~24 sq’ I bought it a Lumber Liquidators.Super easy to install, pretty quick, here is a pic of one room so far.

that looks great, n thats the color u want

I did it. It didn’t come out as good as it could have because I rented a cheap drum sander. If I do it again I’ll look around for one with a flat surface. But it was easy and probably cost $150 total for the equipment rental, stain, urethane. If you’ve already got hardwood floors you’d be kind of foolish to rip them up and replace them with fake hardwood floors. That would be like replacing leather with fabric because you don’t want to condition the leather.

Well Lumber Liquidators have the best prices

If I plan on doing three rooms and a hall way, do you think different color is a good idea for a contrast.

I was thinking about a natural wood color for the dining room and hallway and have the lighter color of wood to be for the kitchen and den. The kitchen and the den connect to the hallway.

Cliff notes:

• Natural color wood for dining room (cranberry) and hall (warm gingerbread)
  • Light color wood for den (light honey color) and kitchen (light tan wall with salmon color tile)
  • Sound like a good idea?

Suggestions?

What did you end up doing?

Thanks for asking

I got something similar to this (they don’t have my style online) - http://www.lumberliquidators.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=3166&categoryId=418&sectionId=4&subCategoryId=16
I got enough for 390 sq ft job. I am looking on starting the project this weekend. I also purchased the same style/color of quarter molding.

I just finished tearing up 4 layers of old flooring and wood in the kitchen for the past 2.5 days. Staples and nails everywhere.

I need to do some skim coating in the some the lower areas of the house to try and even the leveling out.

Pics of Finished product? (obviously to come)

In for finished pics :tup:

I will post them up today.