Hardwood Flooring

Hss anyone had hardwood flooring installed? By who? Did they do a good job? Are their prices fair? I’m looking to get a master bedroom done since my little bastard dog likes to piss everywhere, we had to rip up the carpet… :mad:

pergo snap and lock … simple to do … and it look’s good when it is done… I helped my brother put it in his house … all you need is simple tools and your good to go!!!

Agreed. Either Pergo or Armstrong. Both are easy. Way cheaper than hardwood too. I’m doing my whole house with it once I actually get it all drywalled.

Wow that sounds cool, is that something I can find at Home Depot? or do I have to order it from Pergo’s website

AWsome, I see Prizants, Home Depot, Roth and Lowes all carry the shizznit. I’ll have to go have a look. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

How many square feet are you doing? If it’s a smaller area check out Builders Surplus. They sometimes have the brand name stuff cheap, but it’s one of those that you have to buy at once or else they won’t have a match when you need more. My neighbor just got his Armstrong floor for $1.25 a sq. ft. there.

exactly… the flooring you can get at most any hardware store or flooring places, are all mostly tongue and groove… Which is very easy to install by yourself… Sport Court Interna., this is the place where im thinking of getting flooring for my garage. All snap and lock…

i got pergo for here… the gunstock color… (Well it will be installed and a few month’s) i will put i should of got the oak … it took me and my brother a few hours to do his living room …

The thing with laminate is that you have to use the cleaner that is recommended from the company. Then it’ll be guaranteed for years.

Home depot has it… easy to put it…

the home depot shit looks good too

Looks like I’ll be doing some hard-wood in the near future!

just an FYI…IKEA has “pergo” type flooring too…its called LÄKT or Tundra or something…
it in the area where they sell the rugs.

i remember seeing that they have a workshop this Sat.10-11 on how to install it…here is the pittsburgh IKEA March calendar
http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/ikea_near_you/mar_pitt.pdf

even if you don’t buy from them…its still probably a good thing to go to if you’ve never put that stuff in before…all that snap together stuff is similar.

Ya get the pergo… u will spend less and won’t have to re finish it every so many years… mine looks good

we just had some hardwood floors put in by piracca, they did a great job on the install.

I installed a solid walnut, tongue & groove floor in the house I’m workin at. It was not pre-pinished. Layed on 4 coats of poly. It’s sweet. 580 sq. ft.
$2,900 (labor only). Sewickley Heights. This was done in the attic! I have no idea how much the wood cost. The lady bought it before I started working there. It was random width, 2", 3", 4", 5" and the longest piece was 36". I’ve been working at this house since last March, no end in sight. It’s a capenter’s (handyman) dream come true.

I got to keep the extra wood! 300 sq. ft.!

Yeah my dad has a bunch left over so we are doing a 4x3 section at my house where you come into the house because of all the shitty weather. He just did a whole room on the top part of the huge addition he added to his place.

I think his was actual hard wood though. Joel can confirm that.

I work at home depot and we charge an arm and a leg. Get snap together and do it your self. I did my Gram’s 1st floor and it turned out great.