best place for wheel paint

i’ve been looking around for a nice gunmetal setup. i’m not buying that crap from autozone or krylon from walmart i was looking at some systems from eastwood but they dont’ carry a gun metal color. anyone know some good chip-resistant type paint in a gunmetal or where to find it? i hear dupont makes some wheel paint but i can’t find distributers for it.

ask vapor tail!!!he’s the wheel paint master!!!

he did whitey’s & rusty240’s!!!great job!!!:cool:

Originally posted by Pewterss
ask vapor tail!!!he’s the wheel paint master!!!

he did whitey’s & rusty240’s!!!great job!!!:cool:

yep krylon king.

yeah i already talked to him about the clear coat but i havn’t found a gun metal color yet that isn’t krylon or autozhit.

eastwood sells red and green anodized but no gun metal type?

engine heat paint would that work?:smiley:

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi
i’ve been looking around for a nice gunmetal setup. i’m not buying that crap from autozone or krylon from walmart i was looking at some systems from eastwood but they dont’ carry a gun metal color. anyone know some good chip-resistant type paint in a gunmetal or where to find it? i hear dupont makes some wheel paint but i can’t find distributers for it.

I may have some at work, call me tomorrow. 1-724-696-9665. Ask for Lou. No promises but i think we have some.

Originally posted by Shaggy

taht’s what people ar etelling me to use, aparentlyt here’s a dark grey metallic that looks real good in that paint.

i’d call tomorrow but i’m in meetings all day till i work, i can get online but that’s bout it, if you could drop me a message or soemthing if it’s not out of your way tomorrow.

thats what i have on my rims :smiley:

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi
taht’s what people ar etelling me to use, aparentlyt here’s a dark grey metallic that looks real good in that paint.

i’d call tomorrow but i’m in meetings all day till i work, i can get online but that’s bout it, if you could drop me a message or soemthing if it’s not out of your way tomorrow.

Originally posted by sonic03snake

:cool:

you talking shit on my wal mart gunmetal??? I think they look pretty good… for like 25 dollars worth of material too

wait until the brake dust eats that paint and begins to bubble…

the 3 coats of clearcoat say no.

ahhh forgot about the clear coat…

i used dupi color this weekend gunmetal and i thought it was awesome best 4.95 i ever spent ill post some pics in a couple dayz

on the krylon ones or the engine enamel ones?

krylon

krylon

krylon

i’ve had the engin paint on all summer and winter and they still arent chinpin, and i dident even prep the wheels good