Best states to live in. NY doesn't do well but...

awesome man, the west coast and the south west are the best places IMO.:thumbup

Same for me with FL. I’m still considering it, on and off. I’m going there on Sunday. It’s number 37 lol.

I did 3 years of school in FL, would never go back other than a quick vacation to Miami or so…Very boring state IMO.

does lee still live down there?

West coast= epic fail

terrible laws
terrible governer in cali(not saying ours is better)
terrible weather in the north
terrible people

The west coast is the land of fads, its all fake. And almost any big city is the same way minus a few exceptions. Its far better to be outside the box looking in than it is to be inside the box looking out.

no he’s a turbine engineer for G.E. in Greenville, SC…i guess he likes it there.

dude, there are 2 more states in the continental US that make up the west coast
terrible weather, terrible people??

ever been to Oregon or Washington??

also worth mentioning, aside from the governmental side of Norcal and Socal, they are like separate states.

VERY Ignorant statement made by you.

good for him, and i bet he likes it, thats a nice place i think.

I’ve heard its very nice, haven’t had time to visit him yet though…

I think for the most part people on west coast> people on east coast…

and i deal with people all over the country on a daily basis

Number 3 checkin’ in.
Too bad its filled with steers and qu33rs.

Yes there is terrible weather in washington
Yes there are jackass’s in California
And unfortunatly for Norcal they are connected to Socal, but I will give norcal the benefit of the doubt cause its definetly a nice place. Too bad their brother with down syndrome happens to be their neighbor.

i’d love to live in norcal.

wow, i live in #15, but am consindering moving back to NY

F that

I love New York. I’m proud to say that I am from here. It’s where my friends and family are from, for the most part. Wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. Arizona? Please. Absolutely not personality at all. Yeah, lets build concrete cities in the middle of deserts.

I get a kick out of everyone posting that wants to live somewhere else. You bitch on one thread that NY has no jobs to offer, and post in this one that you want to move. Fucking move, and stop whining.

i must say, the weather here, is worse than washington by a long shot.

but again, have you been there? i lived there for 5 years.

mid/upper 70s in the summer, minimal rain, low humidity, no mosquitos and where i lived winter didnt see much snow, a few inches all year if that. but if you wanted snow, you could drive a little over an hour east and be at Mt. Baker, or driver 3 hours south and be at Stevens Pass or 2 hours north and be at Whistler in Vancouver BC…

Seattles weather is normally mid 80s in the summer months,

limited snow, and more bearable temperatures in the winter, upper 30s, low 40s vs NYs sub zero frozen death

Isn’t Seattle/WA known for rain? It’s the Rainy City last I knew. So if Seattle is like that, I’m sure most of the state is.

I dunno man. Something about walking out of your house without a coat almost all year round and seeing Palm trees makes it worth it for me. Plus, the roads are better. FL has no income tax. Etc. etc.

The only reason I haven’t moved is I’m not very fond of Hurricans/Tropical Monsoons. Also, I don’t know if I’ll be able to find as good a job there as I have here (not meaning pay/location but the people I work with, the way we do things, etc. - I love my job).

The roads are horrendous in FL. They’re all FLAT with 90deg turns and 4 way intersections. What’s fun about that?

I love it here, but I’ve come to the realization that I’d like it pretty much wherever I am. I think that the quality of living here is high. I like the access to NYC, Boston, Montreal, the Adirondacks, Vermont, the Hudson River. The roads here are fun and interesting. Dodging potholes is kinda the suck, but it’s part of the allure. haha.

Nice!