All this talk about moving, where would you?

I know this has been randomly discussed to some degree, but what I ask is if you could move anywhere in the country, (including Alaska and Hawaii) where would you go? and why?

I don’t know too much about the West Coast, but from the people I know who are from there, and everything else, it doesn’t seem like a bad choice.

For myself, I’d probably choose Hawaii. Having lived there before, I know how easy it is to live there, always have something cool to do, and love it. Biggest issue is seperating yourself from loved ones and accepting that you will barely see them unless you drop serious bank on plane tickets.

This is assuming you can have a good paying job whereever you choose btw.

What makes you think twice about it:

Discuss…

I’d do Hawaii if I could afford it (I hear EVERYTHING is super expensive there).

I’d love to live in Georgia too. Just north of Jax is amazing.

I also wouldn’t mind the outer banks in NC (kitty hawk/nags head area)

edit: not much of a west-ish coast person, but would like to check out Az or NM too

West Coast is too far from family. My sister is doing her thing out there now and I barely get to see her.

East coast, no more than 2-3 hours from the Atlantic Ocean is prime location for me.

Some island in the South Pacific, but cyclones and tidal waves frighten me.

Seriously, maybe downstate or Connecticut. Right now I can’t because of school.

Hawaii isn’t as expensive as people make it out to be. It’s mainly that people who visit, stay in toursist areas, and obviously groceries in Waikiki are going to be crazy expensive compared to Kailua. (other side of the island)

Las Vegas or Los Angles if I was going west or North Carolina if I was going south.

Always like the areas (less so LA becuase of the traffice 24/7) but its too far at the moment with my family still in upstate NY. When my parents move to Florida in a few years and my girlfriend is out of school, then it will become more of a possibility.

Moved to Boston, Ma… like it here. If I moved again, it would be the Carolinas. I love the heat and cost of living prob isn’t as rediculous.

I keep contemplating moving out of here, but alot of factors make me think twice about it…like family, job security, my fear of change.

I lived in Pittsburgh for 3.5 years, and keep thinking I want to move back. It’s still close enough to be home in a couple hours, but also different enough to enjoy.

I miss the city atmosphere, the endless things to do, the people(for the most part), the cheaper cost.

I liked Raleigh alot when I visited. Maybe after bus school

Vegas because I love it there.

San Diego or Santa Ana, Cali. We have an office out there.

prob go out west (Phoenix)

or Costa Rica

Alot more variety than I anticipated. I wonder how many of you have the balls to do it. lol

well, im headed down to Pitt this weekend to check out some houses and jobs :slight_smile:

but in the end, I probably don’t have the balls to go thru with it.

Seattle or Denver or Portland.

what do you know about Seattle? I’ve always heard it was super clean there.

lol If I could find a job that payed well and covered moving costs I’d move out of NY in a heartbeat

my sister just moved back to NY from living up there for 2 years. Lots of coffee houses and lots of junkies

Alread did.

probably somewhere in Colorado

i just want to get drunhk and paly the blueeeesss

maybe i should move to chicago.

Actually, I really want to escape NY’s lawyers.