$BET: Plane Will take off. Stake your claim

It will take off.

The offical answer is one that pulls in every idea so far posted. The answer is-

YO

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:80,topic:37439"”]

well if the conveyor has to oppositingly match the plane speed, and not the wheel speed, I’d like to change my vote.

[/quote]

Even if it matches the “plane speed”, how will it slow down the plane?

think of it this way

is it easier to go for a run on a treadmill or in a muddy field thats so wet your feet sink in some ?

treadmill right ?

well if a cessna can take off from a muddy airfield (and they can, fyi) then the same plane will be able to take off from the treadmill

and realize it takes VERY little throttle to CRUISE a cessna at 60mph on the ground, (and in such a case the small amount of throttle is overcoming both wheel drag and air drag)

doubleing the wheel drag wont do much because your also not doubeling aero drag … all that matters is that the plane will move forward in relation to the trees / houses / small children / mailboxes that surround it … and forward travel in relation to these items = eventual flight

hey nikuk i will take the bet it will not fly but i just want to be sure what the “enviroment” is like…
is the plane on the conveyor belt thats it right?
i dont care how fast the conveyor belt is moving.
These is absolutely no “air” applied to the wings
Then i will bet you the $20.00
but lets say…this…
if you have the plane on a conveyor in a windtunnel that replicates the wind speed it needs to take off at it will definitly fly.

the wheels and skis are nothing but creating a less friction for the plane to propell it self.
how about this…
you can even make a hovercraft fly just put wings like this
http://www.hovercraft.com/content/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=53

I’m also a moron like impalass66 said so u have the upper hand in this
so bet with confidence

[quote=“SilverGT,post:85,topic:37439"”]

hey nikuk i will take the bet it will not fly but i just want to be sure what the “enviroment” is like…
is the plane on the conveyor belt thats it right?
i dont care how fast the conveyor belt is moving.
These is absolutely no “air” applied to the wings
Then i will bet you the $20.00

I’m also a moron like impalass66 said so u have the upper hand in this
so bet with confidence

[/quote]

lol, its nothing about who is / isn’t a moron.

I just want to see the extreme believers put some value behind their e-egos. :slight_smile:

environment, intent & constrictions: http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=712938&postcount=5

[quote=“cdvma,post:79,topic:37439"”]

If you say it can’t take off, please shut the fuck up.

[/quote]

i’ll just fuck off then.

fuck i was number #12 we still got a bet nikuk? lol
how about this all the yes votes agianst the No votes…

everyone in yes will put there money in a pot and we “no” will do the same…
when the answer is figured out winner takes all.

The plane will take off.

As mentioned in previous posts, the plane will take off because the wheels are not being drivin by the motor or turbine.

In theory, the wheels should be thought of as perfectly efficient, and the plane would hold still on the belt with absolutely no power even as the belt is moving. An addition of any thrust would move the plane forward on the belt regardless of the belt speed.

The only variable in this experiment is the efficiency of the wheels and bearings. This will be very minimal and the plane will easily take off and perform just as it were on any other runway.

The plane will take off but by the time the plane gets up to speed the conveyor belt will be approaching damn near infinity speed in the opposite direction, but it has to take off.