Beta Testers Needed

We typically select a group of people that we know to test out our new features before they go live. This time, I have made the feature apparent to all users, no one can access it yet. I did this in the hopes of stirring some interest in what it is. If you look at the nav bar you will see “Classifieds”. We have made an investment in a young but powerful product that we think will change how our classifieds are handled. At the present they clutter the new posts hiding the true content of the site, and people that really are not interested answer just to post dumb shit.

That said, I am looking for about 10 beta testers. Your first “assignment” will be to test the new Classifieds, but after I approve you, you will be given access to all of our major and minor upgrades before they happen. This is typically reserved for Admins, Mods, and Vendors. What I ask in return is your honest and objective feedback. I do not want individuals that are going to say “it sucks”. I want people that will evaluate the features and find flaws that we need to address internally or with our software developers. If you think that this sounds like something that you are interested in please respond to this thread with a :tup: followed by any comments. I am pretty busy with some new things (you will know about them before anyone :wink: ) and The :tup: will make it easy for me to spot.

BTW: If you are a total noob with like 8 posts and a join date last month don’t bother yet. I want people that know the board and it’s members and how they react to changes. We all know that there are the adapters, the whiners, and the mordaks that threaten to sue us for a color change.

Mike

:tup:

:tif: maybe have it be an option? I like having the fs threads show when I hit the new post button.

No… You are not getting the point of this post. I want people to objectively review the new software, not comment on what they are speculating it to be. And here I thought that you were smart :bush:

Only reply if you want to join the beta, or if you think that I am an ass hole for having a beta team to make this board better. The classifieds is only one of our numerous projects behind the scenes.

Can I abuse it and insert SQL!?

I’m in :tup:

inzor

:tup: I’m on here all the time at work in the morning while I wait for stuff to arrive. So If some how I could do something useful and maybe I could learn some stuff about the internetz in process.

I have approved those that have asked.

Having a small group of people trying out all of the stuff that we implement should greatly reduce our time line from conception to live. I know that how slow we have been to get things live has been an issue in the past, so thanks again to those that are going to help change that!

:tup: haha I’m just busting your balls, of course I want in. I promise to be as objective and opinionated as possible!

mods an admin are obviously approved I assume?

Duh. :slight_smile:

LOL you say Duh, I forgot to give mods access to the beta section. :picard:

previous forum experience (if that helps?)

:tup: totally in. id do ANYTHING to help better the classifieds. IMPO i think its the biggest downfalls on this board.