From now on :

I will be the only one responding to feedback/opinions.

This will take time, as time is not something I have a lot of these days.

If the answer is simple : other mods will answer. Opinionated issues will only be answered by me, but not before talking to the rest of the mods.

I don’t like the way that classifieds thread went, both from some of the mods, and some of the members. There are classier ways of handling things and that was definitely not it.

Please realize - there is no “right or wrong” person - but we seriously need to take a step back and grow up sometimes.

There are a lot of valid points in that other post - we will look into them. However - I will say one thing : people don’t understand the frustration from the Moderators/Administrators point of view because you are not one. You only see a percentage of everything on the forum. So what you think may be a “small problem” may in reality be a big problem - you just don’t know because you don’t see anything happening.

So from now on - please address me in the manner that you want to be addressed, I will make sure to return the favor.

:tup:

bump: this got buried quickly.

Remember, we all came here for howie in the first place! <3

Does this mean No members are allowed to reply to a thread in this section, or that you will be the only “mod” replying to theses threads and we as members can still make a comment in the feedback section?

Site Announcements are mods only replies. Site Suggestions & Member Feedback allow users to post.

Thank you.

u da man howie:grouphug:

And that is how Business is done.

Well done Sir.

howie4supreme_ruler_of_t3h_univerzz

good call howie.

man, you must be a kickass co-worker

lol, why do you say that…?

because you do all of the work

Guys form now on i am the only one that is going to maintain our servers and all of the deskside. You guys just go ahead and sit there and scratch your nuts

I’d like to say I do enough, but I don’t.

Isn’t paying the bills and maintaining the databases and the behind the scenes enough? Aren’t moderators here to deal with the public facing aspects of the site?

vB is pretty good at being ok by itself as a forum.

Sometimes shit blows up though.

I run a couple backups and crons, nothing groundbreaking.

If anything the way the classified threads are run now are a result of the members being stupid, getting OT, and pissing and moaning. Yes, I’ve done it before, not as much as others, but it does make things harder to sell dealing and sorting through all the garbage.

If you’re really intersted in something, how hard is it really to PM the seller, ask questions, ask for contact info, or ask to come look at the item?

The way I see it, this method filters out a lot of the lowballing, broke, not interested, time wasting, tirekickers.

Yea I know this isn’t the place for it, but the new classifieds setup isnt that bad… Its kinda nice to not have to weed through useless bullshit comments.

word, but then again isn’t NYspeed mostly made up of useless bullshit comments to begin with

QFT