Amazon has Toshiba HD-A3 1080i HD DVD player

• 3 Free select HD-DVDs instantly
  • 2 HD-DVDs (300 and Bourne Identity) included in box
  • 5 HD-DVDs after mail-in rebate

… for $200 with free shipping

:eekdance:

I have seen this same deal multiple times in the last month

http://slickdeals.net/sdsearch.php?mode=&showposts=0&search=Toshiba+HD-A3+

They are blowing these out for the 1080P models.
Notice the other two models available with the same deal are another $80 or $160 (A30 and A35)

Nice. hadn’t realised the 1080P was rolling out. I’ll have to grab one when they get discounted.

i just like that HDDVD sets are selling so cheap… HD > BluRay.

Well, that and I hate Sony too. :mamoru:

got 2 so far lol one for upstairs one for downstairs
HD > BluRay

Reports say these suck a big fat donkey dick.

:shrug: i kinda like my blue ray. i just wish there werent exclusive rights to certain movies.

this is a good deal though, i wouldnt mind picking it up if i didnt think that hddvd/blueray prices are so out of whack. not worth it yet imo. i already have a bunch of regular dvd’s that i dont watch often enough collecting dust, why do i need to spend 30.00 to add to the collection RIGHT NOW. i am patient, i can wait

Dosent walmart have just the player for $100? I hear theyre getting more soon. Id just do that vs $200 for random hddvd’s and the player.

Yeah the prices are a little high. I asked for a few blurays for Christmas. I just can’t justify spending the money on them…yet.

i just picked up a blu-ray player yesturday from CC it was 377 and i got 8 movies free. i have not been able to use it yet cause i have to update the firmware

that may be true, but that brings us back to the debate about “the masses” that drive Walmart sales. :shrug:

I saw that and I wanted to get one. It’s almost worth that price just for the amount of free movies. I already have PS3 but I don’t know how good it is to keep running movies on it. My 5 disc changer took a shit so the PS3 is my primary player now.