big volvo meet 7/12 in Ct.

not that really anybody cares but here’s a GTG i went to in Newtown Ct this weekend. this was a guys house. sweet set up. 15 acres in the woods. fire pit, tons of food, drink, camped out.

this yellow is a 95 and also very rare. only brought 100 ish to the USA.this car is really tricked out and only 6X,XXX miles.

here’s a brick for all the old schoolers out there.

shot of my fat ass and car.

can dig up more pics if people are interested.

mike.

:cool:

Nice pics. Those are some nice-looking cars that showed up.

i’ll teach you guys something about volvo’s.

you’ll see on the flash green and the silver S60 there’s a small R on the grill. thats how you can tell its a hoped up volvo from the factory. R=300hp OEM in 04+

now my wagon is a V=wagon 70 series R also but in 98 it came 250 hp from sweden.

the 95 850 series the factory high pressure was the t-5R. so generally if you see a R somewhere its faster than normal. some ricer kids will throw a R on but in the volvo community its highly frowned on to do that.

almost every car at this meet was above par in performance and detail.

the cars went all down the drive way. haha.

mike

Im a big fan of the s60R’s. :bigok:

Didnt the 850 t5R’s only come in auto?

correct. even the 98-00 V70R are all autos. the rest of the world got a few MT.

Seen a couple of S60Rs around. I love the kit and wheels on them.

Nice rides… I was looking at a S60R a few months ago. I love the look of those cars.

Nice. That’s a kickass house, too.

yeah the house is really a nice set up.

if your looking for a p2R=04+ set up i’d either get a 04+ manual or wait for the 06+auto. in the 04,05 the auto has a torque limiter in 1st,2nd gear. 06+ the limiter was removed and the auto 0-60 is faster than the manual.

295lbs of torque in those cars.

if you have connections the s60rs are doing terrible at auction. they can be picked up super cheap IMO at auction.

also i wouldn’t buy a R without some form of extended warrantee. they are crazy expensive to fix the parts that go, so i would get one for sure.

S60R’s = hot. I love those cars.

Nice looking cars there. Actually, your car looks the best. The color is great!

The S60-R is a great looking car. I wonder how one with an upgraded suspension and brakes would perform/drive.

Any word from Volvo regarding a possible S40-R?

there’s some lowered Rs but its pretty difficult. The R is already 1" lower than the normal S/V series. it has what they call 4C. its basically a three way adjustable suspenstion.

the brakes are already 4pot brembos so not much more needed there. in 04 the V70R actually had a shorter 60-0 than the vette.

not much rumbling for the 40-50 series. some talk of a c30R but i don’t see it. Ford discontined the real R series and came out with a R design. similar to what audi did with the Sdesign series as opposed to the real S.

No more real R models? Bummer. I was hoping an S40-R would happen and maybe replace the S4 in 3-4 years. The C30 is cool car but I’ve only seen one on the road. Maybe more will pop up.