Bike Gurus-Yamaha's special worth it?

I’m looking to jump into buying a new R6 as I like yamaha bikes and I’ve heard nothing but good things about the R6. Yamaha has a deal going on for 8.9% at 69$ a month for 3 years and then the apr jumps up to 12.99 / 16.99 / 18.99 / 22.99% after that. I’ve thought about going used and I’ve done it before but I would like to own my first brand new bike. I also don’t have the cash right now to pay 5+grand right out of pocket so monthly payments are a big part for me.

Anyway is this deal worth it? I’ve never gone through a dealer before so this is a learning experience for me.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on a better deal on new bikes from honda or suzuki that would be great.

Thanks!
J

this is your first bike?
Okay, so that means, you’ll pay MSRP on it, the first 3 years you’ll MAYBE pay $2000 towards the principle…leaving you with a ~$8,000 loan in 2012…and a bike worth $5k. MAYBE
being your first bike, you WILL drop it. I hope you don’t but the chances are pretty damn high. Lets say you drop it at 30 mph, your bike is totaled, and I’m assuming you won’t have collision on it because, it’s like 2k a year and you’re concered about $.
So you’re left with a Paperweight, worth about $2.5k that you owe $8k on.

Unless you have tons of experiance riding a motorcycle, get a begginer bike to start off with.

Someone just divided by zero because sedlmeier is making sense…

My bad, probably should have stated in my thread. But its not my first bike, its my first time buying a new bike, I’ve always purchased used bikes as I’m going on 7 years of experience. But I just read the other 0% finance thread and question seems to be answered.

Thanks sedlmeier, I think I may just either save up for now or buy used again.

he sorta made sense… except that finance companies require you to have collision (full coverage) on your bike.

And yes, the other thread i posted my experience with yamaha’s AMAZING DEALS RARRARARRR. (it’s like that with any of those credit card factory financing gimmicks, not just yamaha)

If you wanna finance, go through a credit union. There’s really no other logical way to finance.

If you get a yamaha Credit Card it dosnt require you keep full covarge ins. although that would be VERY dumb.

I’d try and get a loan through a credit union. Get full coverage no matter what if you’re buying a brand new bike.

No he still fails at comprehension.

Ok going through a credit union makes sense, I’ll have to look into that more, thanks for the help

def go through a credit union…i did best idea ever except they heard be say i didnt want full coverage and they told me with a loan out i had to… paid full coverage for a week cancelled it and got regular…credit union never caught on …yet lol

I wouldn’t be surprised there isn’t some clause in your loan contract that states they can call the loan due if you dont maintain full coverage…

and 12.99+% doesnt sound like much of a special offer, keep shopping.

nope nothing in there …i checked already on that … andd i talked to the one lady that works at the credit union and shes a good friend of the family and she reviewed the loan and said takke the coverage off but i didnt tell you that…

save me from typing a lot.

I’m tired of these threads…

people, get smarter, bankrate.com

run an amortization table on what $69 a month pays off on a 10k loan in 10 years, especially at 9% yet alone 23%, I wouldnt be surprised in the least if you barely broke $2000 off of principal.

Meaning in 10 years, you’ve made minimal payments and you still owe 8k on a bike worth at most 3k, and thats assuming you took care of it.

Buy a used fi bike for 3-4k, get your feet wet, sell it a year later for what you payed for it, then buy what you want. and pay cash for it.

also, taking full coverage off of anything that you are “upside down” on is the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard.

DID I TELL YOU IM TIRED OF RETARDED THREADS LIKE THIS??>!>!

common cents. common scents. common sents. common sense.

Side note… go buy a new r1. finance the whole thing. I think its a great idea. oh yea, liability only would be ideal to help keep your bills down.

HAHAHAHA saw this coming from a mile away…will come on dont hold back tell us how u really feel lol

someone didnt read!!! its ok, I do it all the time myself… :grouphug:

haha i like this guy…and while your at it dont buy gear, its expensive and over rated my helmet is not even DOT

Horrible street manners… no mid range (even though its been improved over the last 2-3 years)

you literally have to be above 10k to make any decent power (makes for a great track bike if you can keep the revs up, but it doesnt sound like the track is where this bike will be)

horrible ergos… which ss bike doesnt have that though…

Expensive… OVER! 10k out the door for a brand new bike
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/8/0/specs.aspx 10,190 msrp… ouch. good luck.

2 words… amortization table.

you will cry when you see the costs.

If you cant afford it, then you cant afford it…

I only read the first post and second response… didnt see anything about being a bike-vet…
It will end up being the first new bike you ever bought, and last bike you ever buy because you will never be able to get what you owe on it. Dont believe me, look at how much a 1/2/3/5/10 year old r6 is selling for prices will be 7000/6500/5000/4000/3000… they dont really ever fall below 3k unless they are beat up badly… now cross reference those to the amortization table that you set up… see how long it takes to have it paid off, yet alone not be upside down on.

I’m not trying to be a dick, but if you have ANY common sense… you would have seen why this is such a horrible idea the second you put an ounce of thought into it.

just buy mine 2007 r6 50th anniversary with only 2600 miles on it
just like new but $4000 less for 6500 <3

at $69 a month, you dont even cover the interest on the loan…

If you were financing 12k… at 8.9%… your payment would be 250 a month… at the end of year one, you still owe over 10k…

year 2… if it was 22.9 you barely pay off 1k off the principal and your payments are 281.

LOL, I wouldn’t buy a candy bar if I had to pay 23% interest! If you can’t finance at a fixed rate below 8.5%, then you have other issues that need to be addressed before you drop $10k on a new motorcycle. Get your priorities straight!