Yamaha FZ6R

Anyone ever ride one of these or have anything good or bad to say? Yamaha has some nice financing going on right now and from the reviews I have read it seems to be a decent beginner bike that will grow with you as a rider. Price is pretty fair too.

It’s not quite a sportbike but not quite a cruiser. your preference really.

your preference, but:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69560

and:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68519&page=2

I wouldn’t necessarily finance the WHOLE thing or any of it at all…I have noticed that dealers seem to get rid of “last years models” with a warranty for a really good price this time of year. Might just wait til this time next year and buy a 2009 new and pay cash for it. I could pay cash for most of a new one right now, but would like to keep the money in the bank at the same time. I’m not in a hurry by any means, just playing with the idea.

pic up a used one… itll be quicker than anything you’re used too, it will be reliable (most likely) good on gas, comfortable (especially when compared to an SS bike), more forgiving, and able to be resold… i wouldnt buy new though. figure 2k depreciation the second you sign the papers. and you will most likely drop it… be it at speed or from a stand still… assuming this is your first bike.

+1

There aren’t any deals to die for around here new as far as I’m concerned. The dealers might be stuck with leftovers, but they aren’t giving them away. I would buy a used one thats a few years owner. If you aren’t in a hurry, then take your time and find a single owner, well maintained bike and go from there. They already ate all the depreciation for you.

Not everyone drops their bike

blah blah blah… statistics will say that most people do.

This is true, because most sportbike riders are fucking squids

my boss has the fz6, i rode it home for him from the dealer cause he bought the bike before he learned how to ride (brand new i might add >_<), it was a DOG compared to my yzf600r, and my bikes a downgraded r6, they have LOW compression, salesperson said like 9 or 10 to 1, it takes 87, more comfy than my bike though, and the fz6r has a body which i like =)

Thanks for the info…like I said, just an idea I have been playing with. Not gonna buy one now, not gonna buy one tomorrow, etc. If I find a good deal on one, great, if not, I’m not hell bent on getting one.