Bike tire mounting / balancing

A motorcycle wheel balancing attachment has been ordered and I will soon have the ability to mount and SPIN balance motorcycle and dirt bike wheels / tires. If you are in need of a new tire, let me know and I can get you some pricing.
Thanks!

www.kkdgarage.com

what do you charge for mounting? i just got my tire done by my buddy but when i call around it seemed like everyone wanted 30-45 which i thought was ridiculous just for bringing them the rim and new tire

This! I have a new rear rim on the way Friday for the R6. I plan on buying tools and doing it myself, but I’d be up to take it down to you and learn a thing or too.

i have a buddy who does them by hand, he’s done a ton fo them. scratches rims constantly tho. machine is the way to go for sure, i was only calling around becauswe my buddy who does it on his machine was busy and i was ready to ride

No mar bar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p5fF1idq_Z0#!

That pricing does seem to be the going rate. I talked with Drew, and we could probably get it down to $25 / wheel + tax with a receipt Shift518 price. Due to the HIGH liability factors, we will ONLY mount and balance wheels / tires. Removal from the bike is the owners responsibility… basically just bring us the wheel and tire (or I can get the tires for you).

Good to know

Did you get the motorcycle wheel balancing attachment you were waiting for? I need a rear tire mounted for my SV650.

Also can you please give me a quote on Michelin Pilot Power 180/55 x 17

Thanks

Yes, we got it all set up and tested it out on my buddy’s CBR1000 and it seems to be working great (wanted to make sure it would remain calibrated when adding the attachment).

Due to liability issues, we CANNOT dismount the wheel from the bike. All bike wheels must be brought to us already removed from the bike.

Dismounting, mounting, and spin balancing (not just a bubble balance) is $30 / tire. If you take your old tire with you, I can do $25 / tire.

That’s a great price

I have a friend who needs a tire installed. I’ll get in touch with you soon

Great, I ordered the tire and will stop by once it arrives.

Got the tire today when can I come by to get it mounted?
Also do I need to have the rotor and sprocket on the wheel to get it balanced right?

It’s better to have it on there since it is part of the rotating mass. I have another tire Saturday morning around 12 if you want to swing by around then that way it will already be set up and ready? We are having a family bbq for my birthday tomorrow, then probably heading to the plaza on the 4th. Friday night (after 6) should work as well.

does this mean i’m…family?

:lol

I need to buy the bolts that hold the rotor then. I guess its going to be another week.

No worries. Just let me know when you’re ready.

Correction… apparently the wheel won’t fit on the balancer with the sprocket so it will have to be removed anyways. So if you want to bring it by Saturday around noon we can get it done for ya.

Can i get a price on Pirelli diablos front and rear 180/55 zr 17 and 120/ 70zr 17. Looking to get these ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Got my bolts in, when are you free so I can get the tire mounted?
Thanks