Mounting and balancing tires?

Are there any local shops that will mount and balance tires for a reasonable price if I bring them the tires and wheels off the bike? Seems every shop I call wants either 50 bucks a tire or they wont touch them unless you buy the tires from them.

Not going to find anyone else cheaper either. Take your pick where you want to go and pay the $50.

There are multiple shops that want in the $20-$25 a tire range if you buy the tire from them so I’m going to take a wild shot and say there prob is at least on shop in the area that would be willing to work with my own supplied tires. If not I would like to at least try before shelling out double what I need to. Thanks for the big help though.

No problem for the help but I can honestly tell you most shops are not willing to do that. Good luck.

we get 20 a tire off the car

he needs motorcycle tires done

If you do find something let me know, I got two tires sitting since the winter that I want to mount. How much do they charge if you just bring the tires and the bike in, without dismounting the wheels?

Whether or not you think your saving money by purchasing tires online, you’ll eat that difference by taking them somewhere and having a shop mount them. Unless you know someone who will take care of you, the best advice I can give is buy your tires and parts locally for your motorcycles.

Places like Griffins wanted $47 a tire to mount and balance with the wheel off your bike if you don’t buy from the, $27 if you do. Those prices are rediculous even if you did buy the tire from them. I figured the cost was from some special equipment or training but no, it just uses a standard tire machine. So I know I’ll be mounting my own tires from now on and just getting them balanced.

Gotta pay to play. It’s not like a car tire and I wouldn’t really risk cheaping out on something like that. Ask Chris how long it took us to do the back tire on my SMR, what a pain in the ass that was. :rofl

Its very much like a car tire. For monting all thats used is a standard tire machine that can hold the rims edges. Any high end vehicle shop has the required tools for mounting.

The inner tube can be a pain in the ass sometimes… just saying.

Don’t forget about shop tools, electricity, etc. needed to mount your tire.

Ah didn’t realize you were talking about tires with an inner tube, I’m talking about standard tubeless tires. Not that it makes a huge difference.

Neo, please check your PM.