Rear Tire Mounting

Anyone on here mount tires? i found a good deal on a new rear tire that i am in serious need of but dont want to pay the 50 to get it mounted by hebelers or freewheeling, just curious if anyone on here could do for a few bucks and a case?

I’m not sure if anyone here does it but :tup: if they do.

The guys at Hamburg Honda have always helped me out… fyi

Theres a guy out in Depew, his name is Joe he works for Dunlop. He does mine. He charges $20 to mount and balance each wheel. His # is 716-983-7998

awsome thanks, btw do you usually bring him just the rim or just take your bike to whereever he does it? I dont have a stand or know how to go about taking the wheel off myself and whatnot; not too much experience doing my own work on bikes

I take the wheels to him, he can do them if you bring the bike but it will be more expensive. It’s pretty straight forward taking the wheels off.

OT: timbolin… what color did you powdercoat the wheels?

I guess im concerned about getting the right chain tension when i put the wheel back on…any advice?

adjusting your chain is fairly simple. It is something you should learn and be aware of when riding. Ask to watch when they remount the tire or something…

there is a place on the corner of rt 39 and 240 that will do it off the bike for i believe 15 dollars out the door 20 at the most…cant recall the name right now

Metallic gold w/ clear, I’ll take some pictures once i get them back.

Same color as the forks?

Yeah, and my pazzo levers, hope it turns out as good as i think it is.

Didn’t I adjust your chain tension in mighty parking lot? or was going to but didnt have tools? It’s pretty straight forward, and if you take the tire in and need help putting the wheel back on I would be glad to help out, or im sure someone else on the board could.

yea that was me…i would love the help to put it back on…any ideas on what i can do to keep the bike up while the rim is off if i dont have a stand? If i just bring the bike in i would def like for you to show me how its done when the weather breaks before a cruise or something…thanks

Pick up a rear stand. I have a spool stand, but then you gotta get spools for it.

:tup: good bunch of guys up there charged me 25 bucks out the door

Is the tire still on the bike?

Balancing?

How come the cheapest “deal” I could find was $125?

yea tire is still on…no idea where you found it for 125…maybe that was for both wheels? the most expensive i found was taking the whole bike as is to a dealer and having them do everything and that was only 56 or 58 i dont remember

No doubt. I put a nail through a brand new PP and he replaced it at a significant discount and didn’t charge for remounting. And they did it all as I was drooling over the new 600rr. They had me out of there in a half hr tops!

:tup:

The rear tires on sportbikes don’t really require balancing IMO. I used to do the rears myself with a couple tire spoons and a few lengths of 2x4.

If you’re doing the tension yourself, don’t make it to tight. Most people, even dealer techs, over-tighten the chain…

It should be about 1.25in. to 1.5 in. with the bike on the side-stand, or 1 in. with the bike upright.

Remember as you go over bumps or even sit your fat ass on the bike, the distance between sprockets gets a little longer. The chain slack has to accommodate for that as well.

Takes trial and error, the slack will tighten a bit as you finish tightening the rear axle, each bike is a little different. For instance on my last r1 I would set it at about 1.5" slack with the axle loose, and by time I tightened the axle it would only be 1.25" of slack.

GL