Bings Aero Lip - Pick-up special - May 27th meet

EDIT***

Since we have completed the swith to our new V2 Aero-Lip i have to amend this offer for the Niagara Meet.

There are only a couple lips available for pick up on that day and since no one has pre-paid they are first-come first serve.

$240 picked up at the Niagara Meet on May 27th.

http://bings.ca/images/parts/new%20lips3.jpg

that’s awesome, what a good price :slight_smile:

Very tempting, a great idea.

What might the pricing look like on one of these carbon fibre lips? And would it be in the exact same shape as your current lip?

If so, that would be sick…

no it wont be… we extended the bottom lip back a few inches to act more like a splitter… there is an additional purpose to that as well…

also stranghtening certian parts of it too… it will look 100% the same but will be stronger and more functional.

the price will likely be over $400 cdn per piece.

it will be hand laid CF with a layer of glas in the back to strangthen it up.

Good call man…keep us posted with info/pics on this! :slight_smile:

im almost positive id like to pick one of these up. ill get back to you.
thanks

just a note…

i will NOT have thse lips in stock at that time. or at least no more than i usually have.

you can ONLY have a lip for $230 if you submit at deposit to me and i will have them ready on that day.

you would pretty much need to reserve one in the next 5-8 days.

I’ll take one, pmed you

i now have the first modified front lips with an extended lower lip… they are a black coated glass and are WAY more flexible and durable than the previous version.

the stuff really is nearing urethane.

the first carbon fibre lip comes tomorrow and i plan to have a full image comparison this weekend.

the terms of the offer in this thread are likely to change because of the new products.

i want pics of the old FRP lip compared to the new one plz kthx

yeah i out of the old ones…lol… Jesss is the only one with a fresh V1 lip and he is supposed to bring it over this week.

i didnt get the CF lip, pushed out to early this week

http://bings.ca/images/parts/new%20lips.jpg

You can see the top lip is the old version, this one came off Jesse’s car. The new lip has the lower under-side lip extended to just over 3" and it extends this far all the way around.

adds a great deal of rigidity to the lip and also makes it more aerodynamic, though only slightly.

The primary reason for this, in addition to the above reasons, is to accomodate a special splitter that we should have after the summer this year.

We might not need lower cooling panels, the splitter i am working on should take care of the air-flow underneath the front of the car. There was no way to support the front of the a splitter on this lip the way it was before, thus the changes.

This lip was not a direct copy before. we excluded certain features of the original and added others… It really is 100% unique, just based off a japanese designed part.

The black lip you see if the newest version, it is a more flexible product with a better finish and an overall better build quality. There is no longer a flange line at the back corners

There will not be anymore of the old version of the lip produced and the costs are different on the new one… i might be able to offer a similar deal on it for the meet, but since no one has taken me up on the offer i may scrap the idea entirely.

any pics of the new lip on the car

no,

i sold my hatch and everyone around me has an intercooler and i dont want to trim a new lip.

the lip is essentially the same with regards to appearance

Bing, would the lip sustain itself with the lower-mid section gone (see pic) based on your experiences?

Should be fine? Might need additional support…such as? Etc…

if you bolt it in on the sides of the mouth you should be fine…

most people have to trim the centre to clear their IC anyways and at that time there is very little of the lip being supported by the bottom of the mouth of the bumper anyways.

the modifcations to this lip should add even more support… or in other words…all your monies are belong to me

are these lips only for S13? or can you make the front lips on S14s as well?

pm’d

The carbon fiber version sounds very intriguing…so chances are

my walletz’s iz in your pocketz when the CF lip shows up…

the CF lip keeps getting pushed back… now it’s a friday thing

Will these (CF) things hold up to a beating or two would you say?