Bings meet discussion

Hey guys…

yes i want this meet / cruise to happen again.

however, i also want to improve upon it every year.

last year Mike ran a great awards section to the meet, i want that to continue but to get stronger.

the cruise went well last year but we need to have more people assisting with it… i seriously nearly lost consciousness in teh lead car due to heat stroke while we were on Lakeshore road… im not joking, i’ve never felt like that before.

I cannot manage this meet by myself any longer, it’s to large and complicated.

There needs to be a couple guys that are prepared to handle a little bit of coordinating and managing certain things like; cruises to the meet, voting management, parking management, light enforcing of general guidelines and etiquette and just setting a good example in general.

If two or 3 guys that have been around a while and are interested in helping out in this capacity it would make it much easier for Mike and i to make this whole thing go off.

I don’t mind helping out with something Bing. Let me know specifically what you want me to do and I’ll see if I can be of assistance.

Voting management sounds fun. :smiley:

I don’t mind. Mike has kinda been helping me with this gpk meet, so the least I could do is help you and him out too.

Let me know.

i helped out last year with leading the square one cruise over to ur place

ill do it again and anything else that needs dealing with

I’d like to Volunteer Pantaloons to do absolutely everything. =)

bing, i dont mind helping with the cruise or anything else
just let me know

You know you’ve always got my offer for help man. I will be one of the guys that sets a good example for everyone K? :slight_smile: (as long as it doesn’t rain)

Seriously though, I’m always there early and can help out big time.

lol no more drifting round abouts!!!

yeah theo, you can’t contain yourself no matter what…lol

i’m going to try and get this off in July… Josh and i will talk about dates and see where we can go from there.

i will most certainly need people to assist with the management of the show n shine as well as directing parking traffic.

The only people parking on the paved lot will be registered people for the show n shine and any potential vendors… the only people voting will be those who register for dinner.

making this thing better and more difficult to manage is not the future of the bings meet / niagara cruise…

it’s about having people more committed to the community and each other who understand how difficult these things are to put together… it that means the meet doesnt get bigger then it’s a worthwhile consequence.

U know where I stand in this situation bing just let me know what u want me to do. I can judge though;)

I would be glad to help out if needed.

binger ill help out with any of the above.
cheers

So… dates?

fukk i know…

when i say i’m busy i don’t mean it like most people mean it… i mean i’m actually married, have a kid, mortgage, 50+ hour work weeks with a real job and another 40+ hours a week with the forums and bings… so i mean ACTUALLY busy with important shit.

i seriously cannot sit still for this stuff…

i want to put it in July now… can people throw up sunday dates that WONT work please…

i do not want to compete with CSCS or DMCC or any other major event that the guys in our community go to… i also cant compete with the Onyx Calendar which means July 4 weekend is out because we’re at Watkins Glen…

25/26 is out because of DMCC and Onys lapping.

July 12 work?

CSCS is in Napierville so we can go against that one since its so far.

i will have to clear it with the restaurant though and i know my mom is going on vacation in July and if she isnt there the plac cant handle it…

so throw up a tentative for the 12th?

i have to clear it with the restaurant first…

if it works, no tentative… we’ll set it in stone and the meet will go as well as the support people give it.

im good for the 12th

if not then, it’d have to be after the 25th sooo basically looking at aug 2nd

oookay…

lets get working on this…

best overall S chassis
best s13 hatch
best s13 coupe
best s14
dirtiest wheel/tire fitment
longest distance driven

voting goes to people who eat dinner only.

registering for the event means dinner + voting package + raffle tix. say $20.

only cars who pre-register on-line can enter the comp. some cash day of will work.

raffle tix = raffle off some shirts, stickers, parts etc.

$1 of each person goes to a draw… if we get 80 people eating, someone wins $80… weee.

That is what i need people to manage… bare in mind that my wife and family will manage all of the registration for dinner and handle all the cash.

all the costs of obtaining the materials are paid for by the club of course since we have some $.

ricer award is given to the grimiest car there, registered or not.

I would help…yet I have no idea how to organize any thing. Simple stuff you need done? Maybe I can help? lol.

Maybe there should be a “Cleanest Motor Swap” category??? :wink:

So for best s14 it isn’t going to be separated for zenki/cookie? Only asking cause s13 gets two categories. Either way, I’m excited