BitGold - Liquidity for gold holdings

Since there is some investors here and tin foil hat people, a new company just expended to the US and closed a major round of funding. Been following it for a while have been holding stock since I think they are ripe for a take over once they get out of the development phase. Store real gold, can even cash out and insured by Brinks at multiple locations. If the site goes under, you still own gold. Deposit with credit cards, Bitcoin, and bank wires to hold and they will allow you to spend it with a prepaid ATM card to make it more liquid for you. Stock is traded on Toronto stock exchange and has been making moves as well.

The site is http://www.bitgold.com (no referral link attached) but if you use a referral link like mine below, you get a free .25g (~$9.50) in your account to start you off.

My Link <-- Free .25g of gold to start.

Stock has surged up 10% today as well on the Toronto Stock Exchange XAU.

This may be expiring. Was told this is a short term link so it may be 0.025 ($1) when you sign up too late. Last few have been the full 0.25g still

This is really cool! I’m currently going through the steps to open an account. BUT when I did look up some reviews on google, some users reported that they were not able to see how much gold they were purchasing when putting in a deposit. Ex. wants to buy 1000$ worth of gold, doesn’t give the weight until after the money has been taken.

Ya the rate they advertise is always within 1% of the market rate so it isn’t as fixed as people think they can usually buy when it comes to this kinda thing but it has been pretty fair. Unless they are buying in a highly volatile time, they should get an idea of what they are getting.

I can’t wait for the debt card to really make this liquid and provide access if you needed to withdraw.

1% is doable, not a huge deal to me. I’m going to check out a little more about the company before possibly investing. I wonder what @TradersBASE could find out.

Would be interesting. They have been all over the news with hiring. They grabbed a former exec from Paypal too on top of the massive funding. Hopefully they get the debt card out soon.

http://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=XAU

I see it’s up 7%, but then again 6 months ago it was a few bucks higher, but that doesn’t matter to me, it’s the potential. I’d like to pick up a few shares of this stock, but at the same time, I don’t have any actual gold/silver coins/physical pieces. I see most people who own metals usually consist between of 10-30% of their overall wealth. Fuck the problem with money is no matter how much you have you never have enough.

Lol. Ya. I trade in a CFD market with Bitcoin so everytime I close a profitable trade, I send 1/2 to this site and just start to accumulate the gold. I hope by the end of the summer I can go to Toronto and see my gold for the hell of it.

The only thing that has me questioning bitgold is related to tax purposes. Now I have no idea how this works, but from what I was seeing on their site, do you have to pay taxes on the gold that you have that has gained value? If so, then besides the risk of storing the gold your self, couldn’t you just accumulate gold coins for an undisclosed amount and then sell them whenever to someone who has no idea what you originally paid for them?

Pretty sure Gold and Silver in physical form is taxed as a collectible 28% but still would fall under the short/long term capital gains tax so you would need to keep track of any inbound transactions where you bought and the price you sell at.

Just a warning for new readers, the promotional credit for using a link may have ended and is back to $1. Still a great site and the invite friends link shows 0.25g credit but there is people saying they are seeing the 0.025g ($1) now.

Edit: Someone used my link 2 hours ago and still was 0.25g. No idea.

Shows the 9$ for me :smiley:

Most recent is still showing 0.25g. Win. I have transferred money there and have 2 10g cubes. I really just want them delivered for the hell of it so I can set them on my desk and stare at them.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/22278621.jpg

No one else is interested in this thread, LoL. More gold for me!

It is only $19 American to get a cube. In my head I am thinking of this impressive gold lego block but I feel like I am going to be disappointed when I get it.

Here is what you would be getting:

Such a disappointment.

Gold “cubes” are not that impressive to hold in your hand, you’ll be like “I paid $$$$$ for this little ass thing”. Watching all the IPO’s go nuts, financial offerings (things like Acorn, this etc…) makes me wonder if we’re gearing up for another bubble, then burst. Thing is…I don’t see how bonds could handle a bubble burst, yield is already dogshit.

Ugh guess I will need to save up for the 1kg bar. Lol

I’ve been preparing for another crash soon. Have been holding things like Bitcoin and gold to ensure stability. I have been riding stocks since I mean anyone can make a positive return in this market but there is still a looming disaster once this slows down.

The biggest gains will be when the market crashes unfortunately. Great companies stocks will be cut 70-90%. That’s how I made some real cash as a teen in 2008, bought Ford stock at 80 cents and sold at 15$, when the market crashes you can pretty much pick anything and make good coin.

As long as what you pick is “too big to fail” or holds enough of their own reserves…absolutely. Bear markets are volatile though, you have to be patient and faithful to avoid being chewed up. I’m looking for another crash personally, though I really don’t know how the economy/bonds will rebound the next time. You guys should look into naked puts if/when the market tanks next. :slight_smile: