BitTorrents

Guys,

What bittorrrent sites to you use?

I’ve been hunting around these sites but found the quality of releases to be negligible…

wild-bytes.org -----Ratio Site
thepiratebay.org --Good
torrentreactor.net -Don’t use this one much
isohunt.com ------- Good

If your on a ratio site, pm me an invite…

www.torrentz.com - searches all the big torrent sites, pretty fast, good results

Already impressed. Good site so far

i use mininova.org

TorrentSpy
ISOHunt
Mininova
AnimeSuki
Hypertorrent
Torrent Reactor
2Torrents
MyBitTorrent
The Pirate Bay
Torrent Box

PM’d you…

I been downloading season 1 to 5 of Curb Your Enthusiasm and so far
it’s going pathetically slow. :frowning:

About a few days so far and the most I have is 86% on one and the lowest
I have is 28%

Using BitComment and torrents from PirateBay. Is there some secret
to getting more seeds and shit? Faster speeds… :dunno:

Just make sure the ports are forwarded in your firewall software, and in your router… other than that, you just have to hope you have a nice fresh torrent.

Or just get BitComet. Takes care of everything for you, plus you can choose what you download from batch torrents, plus it doesn’t suck infinite amounts of donkey balls like Azureus.

Best torrent client evar: www.utorrent.com

Gonad: try Azureus as you bittorrent client…
also, if you have rogers internet, they are most likely using traffic shaping software to slow down torrent downloads and uploads… If that’s the case, you don’t have much choice really… it’s all done on their end.

TRUST me on this one, me and all of my friends used Azureus and there’s a reason we all switched to BitComet. Everyone that’s an Azureus user that has ever seen BitComet immediately switches. It’s not that BitComet is all that great and revolutionary, it’s that Azureus is THAT bad. Java VM = t3h suck.

TRUST me on this one, me and all of my friends used Azureus and there’s a reason we all switched to BitComet. Everyone that’s an Azureus user that has ever seen BitComet immediately switches. It’s not that BitComet is all that great and revolutionary, it’s that Azureus is THAT bad. Java VM = t3h suck.[/quote]

I used Bitcomet before… and bunch of other torrent clients… they all have flaws… however, if you set up your java runtime properly (i.e. install it w/o errors) Azureus will work w/o a problem. The reason I suggested Azureus is because is really fast when it connects to the seeders and gets the download speeds up fairly quickly.

Another thing are the plugins for azureus. Because it’s a java based client, there are tons of plug-ins for it that some people might find useful. I use the web interface one a lot, so I can control it from work and so on…

For advanced users, Azureus is quite nice. But if someone is a first time bittorrent user, then some of the other clients are probably better, like ABC for example.

The thing with bittorent clients is, you have to try a few of them out before you settle on the one that suits your needs the best.

edit: I almost forgot the most imporant thing (at least to me). Bitcomet is banned by almost all private torrent sites because it doesn’t report your ratio to the tracker properly. Basically that’s due to their DHT network coding in Bitcomet.
If that wasn’t a big problem for me, I would have continued to use Bitcomet probably.

Hehe… I never noticed, I don’t use any private trackers, but I really appreciate the savings in system memory used, especially considering that I have my BT running damn near 24/7.