black smoke

ok so i put another engine in cause the other one was shaking badly, and this engine seems to be alot better. it doesnt shake as much, just a little. i was told that this engine is in perfect running condition. ive checked the spark plugs before i started the new engine up and it looks nothing like the new sparkplugs i put in my old engine.

my old engine’s spark plug was pure black, and this one is silvery white. not sure what these mean. but right now im still having a problem with alot of black smoke when i rev the car. and still shakes a bit.

i was wondering what black smoke means, and it sorta smells like gas. it puts out tons of carbon. and i also wondering what might be the problem, cause its almost the same situation with my old engine, just that this one is alot better.

its rich for some reason is my opinion… Wierd being a stock motor.

yea im thinking that its rich too from the beginning. but i dont know what has caused this, cause this car is entirely stock. can it be my shitty exhaust system?

well i got a 3" catback and i notice that i smell the richness more but i dont see it out the tailpipe. Might just be me but it goes through way more gas than it used to.

and this one is silvery white

that one must be lean… I would have your injectors cleaned and see what happens, I suspect you have one or more leaky injectors that is causing the o2 sensor to lean you out screwing with the mixture on the other cylinders

and check your mafs

it was silvery white back then, but now it is black, and puts out tons of black smoke, like the other engine. so i suspect that the engine itself is fine.

and im guessing its probably the mafs, ecu or clogged cat maybe?

anymore suggestions

ok now i cleaned tha mafs and everything and i think its messed.

it runs even ****tier than before, and when i pull off my mafs it idles the way it should. nice and smooth. now once i put back my mafs, it just bogs down and then shakes a hell lot.

does this mean that my mafs is screwed?

check for ne exhaust manifold leaks. a leak in the exhaust mani will cause bad o2 readings upstream thus dumping more fuel!

leaks were all fixed during tha second swap.

black = carbon = running rich
white = trouble = lean OR coolant (head gasket)

for running rich on a stock motor it could be your MAFS or you O2 sensor.

O2 sensor is pretty new, and i just tried my friend’s mafs today, didnt make a difference. not sure if both of ours worth faulty though, since we dont really have a working KADE to test it with.