Black

Looks like a sweet game coming out for PS2 and XBox. I will be picking it up straight away.

Check out the video

awesome :tup:

Thats a whole lotta carnage, in the one video a grenade goes into the building it looked so real. not that i throw grenades in buildings that often.

There is apparently one scene in the game that ends up looking like the lobby scene in the first Matrix. Columns all torn apart, bullet sprayed marble walls. I can’t wait.

Its from the same guys who make the Burnout games which always look phenominal on either system.

happy MLK day

looks like another crappy console fps

the videos are pretty wild stuff :eek:

Yeah like Halo:rolljerk:

I think it looks pretty good. It reminds me of Killzone which didn’t get much acclaim but I thought was a fantastic game…lots of fun.

I do prefer PC FPS’s and if Black comes out on PC I will buy it on that platform. But as far as I know its console only and it looks pretty friggin’ cool anyway.

Kill zone was good, hard as fuck too! One day i will own a 360 and will have this game too. but for now im playing my modded sexbox.

Black is for Xbox 1 & PS2. For some reason Criterion decided not to put the game on next generation consoles.

Hmmmmmm that looks really good for the xbox then, i should read more.

killzone was a sick game :tup: liked it alot

I picked up a demo of Black today when I reserved it at EB.

The demo level was pretty damn cool. Lots of explosions, bullets whizzing by your head, and stuff getting torn apart by bullets.

It was pretty hard too. The level in the demo is a ruined city and just when you think you have some cover to collect yourself, you start getting shot at from behind. I died rather quickly the first 4 times I played the demo, but by the 5th time I had completed the small section without requiring a single health pack. I hardly took a hit.

The game really lets you use your environment against your enemy. At one point I ran out of grenades and two guys were taking cover behind a car. I started spraying the car with bullets until it exploded thereby killing the foes.

Grenades create a lot of havok when thrown near something explosive, flammable or destructable. Throwing a grenade into a window of a building will give a nice sonic wave of windows popping from the floors above and below. Sections of wall and doors can be blown open with a shotgun.

The characters like to move around a lot too. Depending on the path you take, they change their attack positions to optimize their cover.

So far I am pretty impressed with this game. I just hope it has a God cheat if the levels get insanely difficult.

And yes it does seem to borrow some elements of Killzone, but this game seems a bit more interactive and a little tougher.

very cool! i may have to get gamefly again and copy that bad boy down.

Black is out today.

It got decent reviews. Gamespot gave it a 7.4 and IGN gave it an 8.5 or something. Lack of multiplayer sucks but I think I will go and get it after work today.

cool let us know how it is, i may pick it up

do you know if it’s coming to PC?

Haven’t heard anything about PC. They seem to be pretty dedicated to the PS2 and Xbox at Criterion. If it were for the PC I would certainly be all over that version.

PM me if you want an xbox download of this :slight_smile:

Supposede to be some of the best graphics on the PS2… I should know tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Also destructable enviroments are the best!