Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD

OMG the world will end

lol i know, i know…

http://www.reuters.com/article/tech...643184420080216

Toshiba to give up on HD DVD, end format war: source

is planning to give up on its HD DVD format for high definition DVDs, conceding defeat to the competing Blu-Ray technology backed by Sony Corp.

“We have entered the final stage of planning to make our exit from the next generation DVD business,” said the source, who asked not to be identified. He added that an official announcement could come as early as next week.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds...58_FORTUNE5.htm

Shares in Toshiba Corp. (6502.TO) moved sharply higher in early trading Monday as investors and analysts welcomed signals from the electronics company that it’s reconsidering whether it’s worth plowing more money into its next-generation DVD business as the movie world begins to put its weight behind a rival format developed by Sony Corp. (6758.TO).

Toshiba shares were up over 5% after people familiar with the situation told The Wall Street Journal Sunday that Toshiba is highly likely to pull the plug on its HD DVD version of next-generation DVD technology, as early this week.

You obviously have a strong grasp of the electronics industry. Tell me the last time a new technology got more expensive as time went on. The companies build efficiencies in their production, more companies will be launching Blu-Ray players now that the industry has chosen a format and the prices will just be dipping lower and lower. In 2 years we will have white trash at Circuit City the day after Thanksgiving buying the $45 Blu-Ray players from Hongtech.

YES! I picked Blue Ray!

I dont need to know anything more than its SONY!

nuff said.

i heard from a guy that works at best buy that hd-dvd is Obsolete :gotme:

I know I know. Sony is the devil :deadhorse:

alright. now i can buy a PS3…maybe the slim 120GB version…

Saw a 50 pack of single layer blu-ray blanks on ebay for $217.50 this morning.
$4.35 per disc is high but it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than the $20/disc it was just a couple months ago.

Probably won’t take long to hit $1 a disc.

Almost time to pull the trigger… :tup: