BLUE DEVIL: A corvette supercar?!?!?

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/dec7vette.jpg

“Blue Devil” Corvette to be called Sting Ray?
The much-rumored “Blue Devil” Corvette will use the Sting Ray nameplate, according to AutoWeek. The $100,000 model is expected to offer a supercharged 7.0-liter 600-hp V8. Last month, GM’s head of performance cars Tom Wallace confirmed that the company will build the car. In January, Motor Trend claimed GM would use the Sting Ray name for a new Kappa-platform Chevrolet positioned above the Pontiac Solstice.

Is GM seriously stupid enough to even CONSIDER using “stingray” on anything other then a corvette ??

my god, if that had happened it would have been a repeat of thecurrent “It shouldnt be called a GTO” hate

So for about $25-30k more than a Z06 you get an additional 100 hp more??? Sounds pretty weak…unless it does magic tricks or something else cool.

votech blower 5k…hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I was thinking the same thing.
Does it come with the shitbox interior for $100,000?
Does it come with a vile of crack for $100,000?

it comes with a warrenty for 30k

and getting similar performance by purchasing a lingenfelter car will cost more then simply buying the blue devil

i dont see the problem with a $100k corvette straight from Chevrolet :gotme:

I agree that there isn’t a problem with a $100k Vette but when the less expensive Z06 can attain the 600hp with bolt ons for much less money than the blue devil is when problems arise. At $100k that thing should be touching 1000hp and be able to whoop an Enzo on a track…just my opinion.

blue devil = corvette with a vacuum motor on the intake

but at the same time, as car guys, we know the difference.

there are PLENTY of people that dont even know that cars can be modded to increase their hp, let alone know what it ACTUALY costs to do it

for 100k, anyone with a realy good grasp of moding cars properly can take a base corvette and build something on par with the blue devil … but that requires pissing on your warranty in the process … but that shouldnt matter to much, because you would still have $30k left over

if im looking for cars in the 100k range, what the fuk do i care about saving 30 grand? just give me the 600 hp beast and a warranty. thank you

^^^ oh i know, which is why it will sell

im just saying, alot of car guys think its overpriced because they are happy to build it themselves for less

No, I think it’s overpriced for the fact that it is only rated at 600hp…

works that way too

“i could build a 600 hp corvette for less”

“for the same price i could build a 1000hp car”

What car can a person buy cheaper, that is factory rated at 600hp?

I would imagine it also comes with warranty :slight_smile:

The new ZO6 kicks the crap out of most other cars in a straight line and around turns…ya an extra 100hp would make it extremely hard to beat.

Plus chances are its going to have a forged motor being superchargered and all, so just swap out the pulley on the blower and run more boost.

I dont get it? they would be calling a vette that.

However I wouldnt trust autoweek on that anyway, those rumors are already over a year old.

:word:

I can’t find anything simply because I don’t think a car of that caliber even exists:gotme: Knowing GM and how well their cars perform I’m sure this will be one hell of a performing car, big hp number or not. I geuss I was a bit surprised when I first read that it was blown and rated ‘only’ at 600 hp…when I compare this to the Z06 I’m not too impressed. I’m not bashing as I love Vettes…actually I’m a bit jealous of their performance…but if it does come with ‘only’ 600hp and a warranty then that’s still all good.:tup:

if u look at it like any other car… its kinda the same… but beyond the original car to get the extra horse its time and money but it always seems to come out better for the modded fast one rather then the stock fast one… ya know?

wasent there somthing said about Evos like that though? if you bought a base lancer and modded it to the same price as an evo it would be quicker? idk it was somthing i heard some one talka bout a few months ago