BLUE DEVIL: A corvette supercar?!?!?

FYI ferrari enzos make 660 hp and 484 lb-ft. a regular Z06 has almost the same amount of tq as the enzo. i don’t think the vette would need 1000hp to keep up with it. that would be bugatti territory anyway…

we also know that they like to under rate their cars, so the 600hp number might actualy be +20-50. on top of the it will surely have ginormous brakes and excelent suspention, and probably some pretty big tires as well just a guess.

im going to say it again.

600hp car with warranty > 500HP car + 100hp in mods with no warranty.

exactly. i’d take the hit on 30g’s and go with the warranty.

seriously, that car will more than likely outperform most of the competition for a fraction of the cost…hrm…the ford GT costs around $140k…but no one complains about that…and GM has been underating their motors anyway…hrm 600hp with a warranty sounds like a fucking bargain to me. If the “stock” Z06 can do 60 in under 4 seconds and mid 11’s in the quarter Im sure this one is pretty damn close to 3 seconds flat to 60 and do I hear a 10 second factory car with a warranty!!! I think so!! Fucking amazing!!!

for 30K more it certainly won’t just have an extra 100hp, they probably will have brembros, body kit and less weight (maybe)

Perhaps, if the car ever sees production. I doubt it will these rumors are quite old and building a niche car like this would cost a few bucks. GM can’t afford to piss away money right now.

The LS7 will never see boost. If anything they will use a version on the 6.2L V8 used in the 2007 Escalade and put on a roots type blower with similar geometry to the one GM has patented and uses in the STS-v and XLR-v. Along with an extra 100Hp the car (is supposed to considering it ever gets built) an abundance of carbon fibre and carbon ceramic brakes to help justify the $100K price tag. If the do build it I hope they address a few of the rear-end isssues a few owners of 2006 Z06s have experienced (particulary left axle shaft failure)

No they won’t. They scrapped the idea of building a kappa-based Chevrolet at all. Instead the GM comissioned the vehicle as a Saturn. Some may know it as the Sky.

Actually Where ever this info came from is mad old, and was kinda questionable (skepticle) when it came out. But it makes for good conversation :slight_smile:

We all know GM is CRAP, stop being a friggin’ cheerleader would ya’! :biglaugh:

truth

I think that’s pretty sweet that you’d get a 600+ hp car w/ a factory warranty for $100,000. However, if I had the money I’d get the Lingenfelter 800 BHP C6 2006 Z06 Corvette package. Prices for theManual transmission package - $45,995.00 on top of the cost of a Z06. That comes with a Lingenfelter 2 year/24,000 mile warranty. But that’s just how I’d spend my money :slight_smile:

Just browsing another forum and stumbled across this…I think I found my new dreamcar!

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11836/spied-2009-corvette-stingray.html

thats sick

that car would get you laid chris

very funny aaron…

i KNOW THAT’S BEEN talked about here a few times.On all the corvette forums they are talking $50K over sticker and most of the dealers have been taking deposits for years.
D

mmmmm supercharged :slight_smile:

Recently we hear that GM has scrapped the Blue Devil name in favor of Corvette SS (we hope not)

LOL

edit: Seems like Chevy finally took a lesson from Lingenfelter.

sssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

I would rock it…indeed I would

wow…

prolly the first time ive ever REALLY liked an american made car.

that thing is fucking TITS